Explore wildlife-rich plains on your unforgettable honeymoon in Kenya
Spend your honeymoon in Kenya, an inspirational land of arid plains, lively cities and picturesque beach resorts where there’s always something new to discover. Home to over 40 national parks and game reserves, Kenya also boasts a stunning coastline lapped by the azure Indian Ocean.
We have specially selected our favourite, most romantic Kenya resorts to escape to on the holiday of a lifetime. Many of these resorts also offer fabulous discounts or complimentary extras specifically for honeymooners.
Our most exciting suggestions for a honeymoon in Kenya include:
• Spotting zebras and elephants roaming across the hazy landscape during a game drive
• Lazing on tropical beaches in Mombasa, snorkelling among pristine coral reefs
• Keeping your eyes peeled for majestic lions on one of our thrilling small group safaris, such as Big Five Safari
• Soaring gently above the Maasai Mara on a hot-air balloon flight as the sun comes up
• Scaling the snow-capped peaks of mighty Mount Kenya, taking in amazing views
Popular combinations include Samburu’s elephants and the big cats of the Maasai Mara. For more choices see the ‘Suggested Itineraries’ section of our Africa brochure.
Our Personal Travel Experts can also tailor make your dream honeymoon in Kenya from scratch. You can combine a beach stay and safari; plan your own safari itinerary; or seek out wildlife on an exclusive private game reserve.
When to travel
• Kenya is warm all year round, as it spans the equator (but take warm clothing on safari, as it can be cold in the early morning and at night).
• January to March is generally dry.
• There are two rainy seasons - one April to June and the short rains in October to December. Rainfall is often heavy but doesn’t last too long, and usually falls in the afternoon and evening.
• The hottest months are February to March; the coldest are July to August.
• Seaweed is evident on Malindi Beach from April to June.
Please note that due to local laws and customs, same-sex honeymoons for men are not recommended in Kenya. If you are unsure of the local customs and laws, feel free to call us so we can advise you on the best destinations for your honeymoon, or visit www.ilga.org.
hotels sorted by