Victoria Falls, Zambia holidays
Victoria Falls, Zambia
Livingstone Town is Zambia's gateway to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Victoria Falls. It's named after explorer David Livingstone who encountered the incredible waterfall, and while the capital was moved from here to Lusaka in 1935, Livingstone remains full of Edwardian charm and remains the most popular destination for visitors with Victoria Falls just 7 miles away.
- Get closer to Victoria Falls at the Knife Edge Bridge viewpoint
- Family-friendly accommodation
- Travel back in time with a five-course meal on the Royal Livingstone Express
- Sit on the edge of the waterfall in Devil's Pool (Sep-Dec)
- Take a day trip to Chobe National Park, Botswana for game drives and game viewing on river cruises
Top hotels in Victoria Falls, Zambia
Victoria Falls, Zambia holiday highlights
The Zambian side of Victoria Falls has some great viewpoints that take you closer for more dramatic views of the falls, including Knife Edge Bridge and Boiling Pot at the waterfall's base. A ride on the Royal Livingstone Express is a glorious experience, taking you through scenes of Zambezi where the 'smoke' of the falls rises in the distance and along to Victoria Falls Bridge. You can view Victoria Falls at Livingstone might have done, on Livingstone Island as you enjoy high tea by the edge of the waterfall, or drink in the sunset on a river cruise. Wildlife is plentiful here too, from the hippo who swim in the Zambezi to the elephant herds in Chobe National Park, Botswana which can be spotted on a day trip from Livingstone.