Contrasting cultures, landscapes and holiday experiences
There is very little that the vast continent of North America can’t offer – from epic natural landscapes to iconic cities, and everything in between, you will find it here. In America’s numerous states and Canada’s provinces you will find that a wide range of adventures find as well as accommodation ranging from rustic chic to absolute luxury.
- This is the land of the self-drives – hire a car and head out on the open road
- Alternatively, cross the continent by train, on some of the world’s most renowned rail-routes
- Choose from cities such as New York, Toronto, Vancouver, San Francisco and Miami, or perhaps create a multi-city itinerary
- North America isn’t short of natural wonders – perfect for those with a love of the great outdoors
- This a great family-friendly destination – it is easy to get around and in most cases the main language spoken is English.
North And Central America holiday highlights
Spend time in buzzing New York, with its museums, art galleries, theatres and iconic sights such as the Statue of Liberty, or stay in the elegant capital of Washington DC and catch an Old Town Trolley Tour to Capitol Hill and the White House.
Choose one of our exciting self-drives and roll through national parks such as Yosemite or New England in the autumn as the crispy leaves turn golden. You can record your own country track in Nashville, dance in the streets at the world famous Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans, and get up close to incredible glaciers and fjords on a small ship cruise in Alaska.
Chill out on Miami’s beautiful beaches and be an astronaut for the day at the Kennedy Space Centre. Los Angeles is home to the chic shopping paradise of Rodeo Drive, body builders working out on Venice Beach and Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.
Cycle over San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge and explore nearby Napa Valley, one of the world’s finest wine regions. Experience the rusty-coloured colossal depths of the Grand Canyon, spend time on a ranch in Arizona and soak in the glamour of Las Vegas, wandering into fantasy hotels featuring pirate battles and volcanic explosions. For total beach relaxation, head to Hawaii and learn to surf on Waikiki Beach.
For nature lovers there’s Costa Rica, its rainforests home to toucans, monkeys and brightly-coloured frogs. You’ll hike past steaming volcanoes, relax on idyllic beaches and get a sugar rush tasting chocolate among cocoa plantations. Then there's beautiful Belize, with its endless sandy beaches and an underwater world rich in marine life.