Experience the wonder of rail travel on a beautiful journey with Rovos Rail. With a range of itineraries to choose from, there’s a journey to fit any adventure.
About this independent tour
• Pretoria to Cape Town 2 nights
• Pretoria to Victoria Falls 3 nights
• Pretoria to Durban 2 nights
• Pretoria to Walvis Bay, Namibia 8 nights (specific dates)
• Cape Town to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania 14 nights (specific dates)
FACILITIES ON BOARD
Club Lounge, Observation Car with large windows and an open-air platform, two dining cars, 36 spacious cabin suites with double or side-by-side twin beds, ensuite with shower and air-conditioning, upgrades to Royal Suite and Deluxe Suite available.
Rovos Rail has earned an enviable reputation as one of the finest ways to experience the diverse landscapes of South Africa. Its Edwardian coaches have been painstakingly restored to period elegance and the glorious bygone age of stylish train travel has been beautifully captured.
PRETORIA TO CAPE TOWN
This popular route is a two-night journey through the grasslands of the gold-rich Highveld, the vast Great Karoo, spectacular mountains and charming Winelands. Watch the diverse landscapes pass by from the large windows and the open balcony of the glorious Observation Car. Stop to visit a traditional village and the Kimberley ‘Big Hole’ diamond mine. This route also operates in reverse from Cape Town to Pretoria.
PRETORIA TO VICTORIA FALLS
Cross the Tropic of Capricorn and travel to the game-rich Hwange Game Reserve, stopping for a game drive, as you follow a historic and diverse route to the mighty Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River. This route also operates in reverse from Victoria Falls to Pretoria.
PRETORIA TO DURBAN
Combine luxury travel with a region of incredible biodiversity and history on this two-night adventure. Opt for either a game drive in Spionkop Reserve or take a tour of the famous Battlefields with a historian to guide you. After lunch, experience a Big Five private bush retreat at the Nambiti Conservancy in KwaZulu-Natal and embark on a game drive.
Tailor your tour
With frequent departures, it’s easy to pick a journey to suit you. It‘s also a fantastic way to get from A to B and watch as the incredible landscapes drift by. Whether you’re beginning or ending in Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria or Victoria Falls, we can suggest some beautiful properties to complement your journey. Whether you want to combine an incredible rail adventure with a self-drive, safari, or coach trip, we can help integrate this to make your journey unforgettable.
Good to know
• Trains depart either weekly or fortnightly
• Maximum of 72 passengers
• Smoking is only available in the Club Lounge
• All itineraries are available in reverse
• Sometimes the train will remain in a station at night and on other occasions you will travel during the night to wake up to an ever-changing view
• Dining car has a casual dress code in the day and formal wear in the evening
• Wi-Fi is not available on board.