Infinity pool, spa*, gym, tennis, volleyball, watersports*, PADI scuba school*, surf centre*, snorkelling, CD/ games library, jungle cinema, Wi-Fi
Restaurants & bars
At the main restaurant it’s all about relaxed outdoor dining with your toes in the sand. By the Sea offers Indian Ocean views and intimate dining with just five tables and daybeds, plus a sushi bar and bistro seating. There's also a new teppanyaki table. The food here is locally sourced and fuses Japanese cuisine with European and Asian flavours. The overwater bar sits on stilts over the lagoon, with a clean, fresh menu and is the ideal spot for a cold glass of wine – and it’s open until you decide to leave. For hand-made chocolates, cheese and wine, don a fleece and head down a spiral staircase to the unique underground wine cellar with its driftwood tree trunk table centrepiece where you can also dine accompanied by a wonderful sommelier.
Spa & wellness
• Partnered with EarthCheck in 2014 and achieved Silver EarthCheck status in 2017
• Transport in resort is provided by boats with more efficient engines, electric buggies and bicycles.
• Coral Line project - rehabilitating the coral reef by nursing coral on ropes (each rope is initially planted with 50 living coral fragments) and later transplanting them onto degraded reef areas.
• A heat recovery system is used to recycle heat produced by the island’s generators
Renewable building resources and sustainable infrastructures means the buildings don’t interfere with the environment.
• Architectural design and passive cooling allow for natural ventilation and reduce the need for air-conditioning.
• Responsible purchasing minimises packaging and waste, refillable dispensers are used in the guest rooms and where possible waste is separated and recycled with organic waste composted for use in the resort gardens.
• Water saving devices are used wherever appropriate, grey water is recycled for irrigation, brown water is collected, treated onsite and recycled for irrigation and the resort desalinates water with an efficient reverse-osmosis system.
• Environmental awareness is actively promoted to guests, local communities and business partners.
• The resort has donated laboratories, clinical and administrative equipment to enhance health services in rural areas as well as provided computers for rural schools and a children’s park.
*Denotes local charge