Magical experiences await you on your Botswana Safari Holiday
Out-of-this-world game viewing, mesmerising landscapes and a wide range of camps and lodges – Botswana offers some of the finest safari experiences in all of Africa. Home of the great Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park and the Makgadikgadi Pans, exploration is at its finest by mokoro – a traditional canoe – or by light aircraft, offering the ultimate in style, comfort and convenience. Ideal for those seeking more than the big five, this is the perfect opportunity to head off the beaten track.
- Head out in a traditional mokoro dugout canoe through the Okavango Delta
- Travel to the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans and marvel at this captivating landscape
- Spot the region’s enchanting wildlife from your 4x4, mokoro or motorboat
- Wonder at the wild beauty of Chobe National Park
- Transfers are commonly made by light aircraft, offering the chance to see the unique landscapes from above
Best time to visit Botswana
March to November is the ideal time to travel Botswana when rainfall is low and days are cooler. April to October is a good time to see elephants in Chobe while May to August is the best time to visit the Okavango when the floods attract an array of wildlife.
Botswana holiday highlights
Botswana is an increasingly popular destination among those who want to experience a safari with a difference. Luxurious lodges sit by enchanting wetlands and mokoro canoes provide a pleasant alternative for a safari to conventional 4x4s. A popular choice for the more intrepid traveller, it offers a more personal and exclusive experience.
Botswana Holiday Highlights
• Cruise through the breathtaking Okavango Delta, a trail of meandering waterways punctuated by lagoons and reed beds home to hippos and crocodiles.
• Spot lions, cheetahs, wild dogs, zebras and hippos, as well as herds of elephants drinking and splashing around on the banks of the Chobe River in Chobe National Park.
Botswana - The Essentials
• Expect early starts on safari for the best wildlife viewing opportunities
• Many camps have a minimum age of 7
• Tip your driver/guide at the end of your safari
• If you have plenty of time, we recommend combining a trip to Botswana with a journey through Namibia or South Africa
• On most light aircraft flights, luggage must be in soft bags and weigh a maximum of 20kg. Extra luggage may be stored on request.
The Okavango Delta is one of the world’s largest inland water systems, covering approx. 6,000 square miles during peak season. It takes almost nine months for the water to make its journey from the Angolan rains to the bottom of the Delta, creating a plethora of waterways weaving between islands.
Botswana Tailor Made
Our safaris to Botswana are completely flexible and can be designed however you choose. Whether you want to immerse yourself completely in this beautiful country or combine a visit with a few days in Zambia, Cape Town and or the idyllic beaches of the Indian Ocean, we can help create your dream holiday.