GMT + 1 hour
Relax on the sun-drenched islands of the Balearics and Canaries
With its dazzling coastlines, sun-kissed islands and delectable gastronomy, it is easy to see why Spain is one of our most popular destinations in Europe. From luxury beach resorts to superb family-friendly resorts, contemporary lifestyle hotels and boutique retreats, we offer an excellent range of accommodation in the Balearics and Canaries.
- It's easy to think of Spain as an easy option for a week's beach holiday, but it has loads to offer so consider hiring a car and getting out and about to local villages
- The weather is good in summer and pleasant in winter - head to the Canaries for a bit more warmth in winter
- The Canaries have a fantastic range of family-friendly resorts that are open year-round
- Ibiza and Mallorca are really easy to travel around by car or public transport - there's so much more to see than the pretty beach resorts
- For watersports head to Fueteventura - the island is renowned for hosting surfing competitions
Best time to visit Spain
Spain’s climate is diverse but mostly warm, dry and sunny, especially from April to October, with up to 12 hours of sunshine a day throughout the height of summer. Occasionally, sea breezes may prevent very hot days, and the south is the warmest. The Canary Islands are typically warmer in winter than the mainland and Mediterranean.
Spain holiday highlights
A trio of islands situated to the east of mainland Spain; Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza are three of Europe’s most popular holiday destinations. Each island is home to stunning natural landscapes, golden beaches and a distinctly individual charm.
Renowned for their year-round sun, the Canary Islands are a popular escape for holiday makers – particularly during the winter months. Whilst the breezy island of Fuerteventura is ideal for watersports, Tenerife has lively resorts with vibrant nightlife; and Lanzarote and Gran Canaria are fantastic for families and exploring the verdant forests. With many resorts located within easy reach of each other, you have the option of planning a day trip to a neighbouring Canary Island, such as La Gomera from Tenerife.
Recommended Spain Hotels
7 nights, Room & Breakfast, 11 Dec '18
7 nights, Room & Breakfast, 09 Oct '18
7 nights, All Inclusive, 03 Dec '18
7 nights, Room & Breakfast, 19 Sep '18