This airport hotel makes for a comfortable stay – just five minutes from Malé airport, it fronts a sandy beach and all rooms have ocean views.
Hulhule Island Hotel is the only hotel situated on the same island as the Maldives’ international airport, so it’s the ideal overnight spot if your flight and transfers don’t match up and you need a stopover hotel. There’s a free shuttle day and night to take you to/from the airport. A world away from the usual high-rise airport hotels, this tropical hotel sits on a sandy beachfront and all rooms have ocean views.
The main restaurant is the 24-hour Faru Coffee House, offering a diverse à la carte menu that includes European, Mediterranean, Japanese and Maldivian dishes. If you’re celebrating or just fancy dining up on the rooftop, Uduvilaa has an extensive food and wine menu as well as views of the harbour and Malé’s illuminated skyline. The hotel’s third restaurant, Poolside, is an open-air affair, with a display kitchen and exotic cocktail menu. The informal sports themed bar, Champs, has a pool table, foosball and darts. If drinking al fresco appeals, then head out to the Champs Deck or Sunset Deck.
Comfortable rooms include Superior Rooms, and the more spacious Deluxe Rooms which also have a balcony. Superior Deluxe Rooms with Jacuzzi are popular with honeymooners, and include sparkling wine on arrival.
On Hulhule Island, the same island as the Maldives’ international airport
Good to know
• television • iPod dock • ocean facing • 26m²
• television • iPod dock • balcony • bathtub • ocean facing •36m²
Superior Deluxe Room
• television • iPod dock • balcony • bathtub • ocean facing • 40m²
Superior Deluxe Room with Jacuzzi
• television • iPod dock • balcony • bathtub with Jacuzzi • ocean facing • 45m²
3 restaurants, bar, 2 decks
Buffet Breakfast at Uduvilaa Restaurant 7am to 10pm and early Breakfast at Faru Coffee House from 4:30am to 7am
Meal upgrade options (per person per night)
• Breakfast and dinner at Faru Coffee House with mineral water and soft drinks during meals
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Faru Coffee House with mineral water and soft drinks during meals
*Denotes local charge