Cruise America and Cruise Canada motorhome holidays
Motorhomes – or RVs as they are known in North America – let you experience incredible sights at your own pace and allow you the freedom to roam off the tourist trail to discover parts of America or Canada not visited on typical holidays. They are also great value, particularly for families or groups of friends.
As two of America and Canada’s largest RV rental firms, Cruise America and Cruise Canada give you the convenience of an array of pick-up and drop-off points (five locations in Canada and 27 in the USA) as well as the peace of mind of quality vehicles and comprehensive support should you need it.
Renting a motorhome
A motorhome holiday is one of the most flexible trips we offer. We love that you can book your flights and your motorhome and then just hit the open road; you don’t even have to have booked your stop off point for that night. If you prefer to have a plan or even firm bookings in place (particularly important in peak periods and in national parks) our Personal Travel Experts can provide you with itinerary suggestions and point you to websites that detail the campsites available and their facilities. There are over 15,000 campsites throughout the USA and Canada to choose.
Motorhomes are simple to operate and easy to drive with automatic transmission and power breaking and steering. The main difference between vehicle categories is the varying length and the passenger capacity.
A new smaller T17 vehicle, perfect for couples or those who do not wish to drive the bigger RVs. These are available to pick up from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake City, Anchorage, Calgary and Vancouver.
Sleeps a maximum of 3 people
This compact vehicle is another good option if you’re travelling as part of a couple or small group. It’s more of a traditional motorhome with the cab linking with the living area. There is a double bed over the cab and table area which can be converted into an additional bed.
Sleeps a maximum of 3 people
This medium size vehicle is the most popular motorhome, particularly with families. They feature a double bed over the cab and a rear corner double bed. There is a further single bed where the table is during the day.
Sleeps a maximum of 5 people
The largest vehicle in Cruise America and Cruise Canada’s fleet, this spacious motorhome sleeps a family of seven. The main differences are the self-contained bedroom at the rear and the separate shower and W.C.
Sleeps a maximum of 7 people
Campsite styles range from resort-style and charming family-run spots to national park grounds and wilderness retreats. Some sites have electric (30 amps are required), water and waste hook ups, swimming pools, playgrounds and even Wi-Fi, while others are gloriously remote and it’s just you and the wilderness. We strongly recommend pre-booking over holiday seasons and if you wish to stay in national park campsites.
Need to know
- Cruise America and Cruise Canda do not provide car seats. These will need to purchased in the USA or Canada and be delivered to your hotel prior to collection of the motorhome
- Minimum age for drivers: 21 years. There is no surcharge for drivers under 25 or for additional drivers
- Minimum rental charge: 7 nights; minimum rental period: 3 nights
- First night hotel accommodation must be prebooked if you’re coming off an international flight. You will only be permitted pick up your motorhome the following day. Call our Personal Travel Experts for prices of hotels which offer a pick-up service to the motorhome depot.
- One way rentals: One-way drop off charges typically range from USD$200-600 and CAD$400-600 (Canada). Please call for prices.
- Motorhome rental prices with Cruise America and Cruise Canada are available on request. To ensure we can offer you the best possible rates, our prices operate on a flexible pricing plan based around the availability of your choice of vehicle on the dates you wish to hire. Booking early and outside busy periods can, therefore, dramatically reduce the cost of your hire. Please contact our Personal Travel Experts for details.
Below are a hand-picked selection of itineraries to inspire you. These are just a suggestion and can be tailored to the places you want to visit and the amount of time you have . There are many more Canada and USA motorhome holidays to choose from or adapt to your specification; speak to one of our Personal Travel Experts for more details.
Southern California Highlights, USA
Suggested duration: 11-night round trip from Los Angeles
- Los Angeles
- Santa Barbara
- San Luis Obispo & the Pacific Coast Highway
- San Francisco
- Yosemite National Park
- Death Valley National Park
- San Diego
Utah’s Mighty Five & Beyond, USA
Suggested duration: 14-night round trip from Las Vegas
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Zion National Park, Utah
- Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- Lake Powell and Monument Valley, Arizona
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Moab and Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Utah
- Capitol Reef National Park, Utah
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
Classic Ontario Circle, Canada
Suggested duration: 10-night round trip from Toronto
- Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Muskoka and Algonquin National Park
- 1000 Islands region
Best of Canada’s West
Suggested duration: 11-night round trip from Vancouver or Calgary
- Okanagan region
- Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks
- Banff National Park and Lake Louise
- Jasper National Park
- Wells Gray Provincial Park