Explore with our hand-picked hotels and tours
Enchanting Peru is a land of ancient Incan ruins, lost civilisations and spectacular landscapes. Discover this enigmatic country on one of our specially crafted Peru Tours or choose from our hand-picked hotels and multi-centre itineraries to create an unforgettable tailor-made holiday.
Bolivia is an extraordinary destination where contrasting extremes range from the luminous white salt flats of Salar de Uyuni and the arid Atacama Desert to the vast, impenetrable Amazon rainforest and towering peaks of the Andes. Discover indigenous cultures, marvel at colonial architecture, uncover archaeological treasures and witness the mystical serenity of Lake Titicaca – the legendary birthplace of the Incas – whose shores are shared with neighbouring Peru.
- No trip to Peru is complete without visiting Machu Picchu - the train journey is spectacular
- Take a flight over the mysterious Nazca Lines which you can only fully appreciate from the air
- Follow the ancient highways of the Incas on the world's most famous walking trail
- Visit the Amazon and choose a luxury cruise with daily expeditions or to stay in a lodge where you have greater flexibility when planning the duration and dates of your stay
- Lake Titicaca is Peru's 'folklore capital' and has a spectacular backdrop of snow-capped mountains
Best time to visit Peru
The best time to visit is April to November when the days are bright and sunny. The rainy months tend to occur January to March and travel can be difficult in some areas. Peru has three different climatic areas: the coastal desert from Lima southwards experiences hardly any rain; the Amazon is hot and humid throughout the year; whilst the high Altiplano of Peru and enjoys dry winters, but it can be very cold in the evening and early morning.