If you want to tread a path less travelled, this charming country is the perfect destination. Meet find warm, friendly people, see fabulous sights and taste mouth-watering local cuisine. Laid back Laos is easy to explore but difficult to leave.
Laos Holiday Highlights
• Luang Prabang sits at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers. Discover its diverse architecture, historic temples and charming old French mansions.
• Sleepy capital city Vientiane is home to ornate temples and colonial-influenced architecture.
• The Plain of Jars is a fascinating area of rolling fields, where hundreds of huge stone jars lay scattered across the landscape.
• Visit the limestone caves of Pak Ou, many encased with images of Buddha.
• Laos' remote northern provinces lie close to the borders of China, Thailand and Vietnam, and are home minority groups still living traditional ways of life from centuries past.
Laos - The Essentials
• Never touch someone on the head or point with your feet, always remove your shoes before entering a person’s home and dress conservatively, especially when entering temples and sacred religious sights.
• In Laos smiles are often returned!
GMT +7 hours
A visa is required.