This 4* traditional-style wooden junk offers contemporary luxury, high standards and a relaxed experience. The newly refubished Bhaya Classic fleet varies in size and features 15-20 en suite cabins. The classic style of the vessel reflects Vietnam’s heritage and there is a relaxed, informal feel on board.
Halong Bay: 1 night
Day 1: Hanoi to Halong Bay Depart the city of Hanoi for Halong Bay (approx. 110 miles; 3½-4 hours) and board a traditional junk for your overnight cruise around the picturesque bay. Tuck into Vietnamese dishes during a buffet lunch as you cruise towards south-east Halong Bay, passing Trong Mai Islet, Ngon Tay Islet, Con Coc Islet and the Cua Van Floating Culture Centre. Go kayaking to Trinh Nu Cave and see the stalactites and stalagmites, with time for a swim or sunbathe on the private beach. Return to the ship, enjoy happy hour at the bar and take part in Masterchef 'Halong Bay Edition' with fruit carving demonstrations. Enjoy dinner in the restaurant before an evening at leisure. L, D.
Day 2: Halong Bay to Hanoi Rise early for an optional t'ai chi lesson on the sun deck before enjoying tea and coffee, followed by a light breakfast. Cruise towards the centre of Halong Bay and explore Sung Sot Cave (Surprise Cave), the largest cave in the bay which is beautifully lit with stalactites, stalagmites and a 500-metre paved passageway. Enjoy buffet brunch as the Bhaya Classic makes her way back to the harbour, passing Lom Bo Island, Trong Mai Islet and Ba Hang fishing village. Disembark at Tuan Chau, return to Hanoi by road and transfer to your city hotel. B.
Good to know
• A two-night cruise is also available
• For a more exclusive experience The Bhaya Legend is available for charters and can accommodate from two people up to large groups (call for details)
• The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, tide levels and operational conditions.
Accommodation on tour
The Bhaya Classic fleet features 15-20 en suite cabins with panoramic windows. Fine facilities include a lounge deck with dining room serving a set-meal dinner, a bar, massage area and library.
Included in price
• 4 Star accommodation in a Deluxe Cabin on board the Bhaya Classic
• Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
• Excursions and activities as detailed in the itinerary
• English-speaking guide on board