Weddings in Mauritius
Mauritius is a spectacular island of white-sand beaches, sugar cane fields and lush verdant mountains that rises up from the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
As well as its incredible natural beauty, Mauritius is home to some of the best hotels in the world, featuring excellent service and facilities in a stunning, sun-drenched setting – making it a magical place to hold your dream tropical wedding.
Mauritius is so perfect that you might want to extend your stay and remain on the island for an idyllic Mauritius honeymoon. Explore the famous Pamplemousses Royal Botanical Gardens, bathe in the sacred lake of Ganga Talao and discover hidden lagoons on a romantic catamaran cruise.
Here are some of our favourite Mauritius resorts to make your vows:
• The Tropical Wedding Package at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort includes butler service, a private candlelit dinner on the beach and romantic Mauritian bath on the wedding night, and a couple’s massage with cocktails,
• Sugar Beach Resort basks in palm-flecked gardens around an elegant plantation-style manor house. Couples can choose from a range of beautifully decorated wedding venues.
• Le Touessrok features lush gardens, a breathtaking lagoon island and championship golf course. The resort’s Premium Package includes musicians playing during the ceremony and a candlelit dinner on the beach.
Your wedding in Mauritius includes:
• Wedding coordinator
• Affidavits (completed in Mauritius – see Legal Documents)
• Registrar’s fees
• Private car to and from Port Louis to complete wedding paperwork
Before you travel, Kuoni needs to see copies of the following:
• Full 10 year British passport
• Original birth certificate
• Affidavit/statutory declaration
• Original decree absolute (if divorced)
• Original death certificates (if widowed)
• Original adoption certificate (if adopted)
• Original deed poll notice (if changed name)
• Letters of personal details
• Intent to Marry form (see Legal Documents), which Kuoni will supply you with
Other important information
• British passport holders only
• Weddings in Mauritius are available Monday to Friday
• The wedding will be conducted using the bride’s maiden name
• You must spend three days in resort before your wedding
• You must stay at the resort for at least seven days
• Minimum age 18
• Kuoni must receive your documents eight weeks before you travel
• If the bride-to-be has been divorced for less than 10 months at the time of the wedding then she’ll have to have a pregnancy test in resort, costing about £35. Please call for details
When to travel
Mauritius is generally rainiest from December to May and hot and drier for the rest of the year. However, this may vary depending on which side of the island you’re visiting, so check when booking.
hotels sorted by