Canada is split up into six time zones between GMT -3½ hours to GMT -8 hours
This is big country in every sense; big on distance, big on adventure, big on experience. As the world’s second largest country it shouldn’t be surprising that from coast to coast this country can offer a range of experiences whatever the type of traveller you are. In the west the highlights must be the natural landscapes of the Rocky Mountains and the Pacific Coast, and the diverse wildlife found here, while in the east you will find a host of welcoming, multi-cultural cities and of course the wild Atlantic Coast.
- The world-renowned Rocky Mountaineer which offers arguably the most scenic rail routes in the world
- The impressive Niagara Falls – one of the world’s most famous natural wonders, best seen on a Hornblower cruise
- Culturally diverse cities such as Toronto, Montreal and the capital Ottawa
- Wildlife watching opportunities from Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Whistler, Quebec and Manitoba
- As well as being naturally impressive, the Okanagan Valley is one of Canada’s largest wine producing regions
Best time to visit Canada
• Touring season in Canada runs from May to October, with the high summer months of June, July and August typically warm and offering long days and the best chance of sunshine.
• However, the climate can be variable and warm, waterproof clothing is essential year round.
Canada holiday highlights
Canada Holiday Highlights
• Feel the spray of mighty Niagara Falls
• Savour gourmet cuisine in Québec City
• Explore the wilderness of rural Vancouver Island
• Go whale watching in the Strait of Georgia
• See bears at locations including Knight Inlet
• Traverse the mighty Rocky Mountains
• Experience vibrant Vancouver
• Drive the magnificent Icefields Parkway
• Hike the trails of beautiful Banff National Park
• See magnificent polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba
• Discover the French influence in Montréal.
Recommended Canada Hotels
Suggested Canada Cruises
Getting married In Canada
If you’re looking for a dramatic backdrop to your wedding or civil ceremony photos, get married in C...
Your British Columbia bucket list – meet the friendly locals
A grizzly bear feeding on salmon in the wild; a whale breaching just off a kayak’s bow, eagles gathe...
Ready for an eco-adventure in Canada?
Here are our favourite things to see and do at Sonora Resort.
This resort has a mile-long vertical, two massive mountains, an Olympic pedigree and a long season f...