six time zones: GMT – 3½ to GMT – 8
This is big country in every sense; big on distance, big on adventure, big on experience. As the world’s second largest country it shouldn’t be surprising that from coast to coast this country can offer a range of experiences whatever the type of traveller you are. In the west the highlights must be the natural landscapes of the Rocky Mountains and the Pacific Coast, and the diverse wildlife found here, while in the east you will find a host of welcoming, multi-cultural cities and of course the wild Atlantic Coast.
Best time to visit
• Touring season in Canada runs from May to October, with the high summer months of June, July and August typically warm and offering long days and the best chance of sunshine.
• However, the climate can be variable and warm, waterproof clothing is essential year round.
Canada Holiday Highlights
• Feel the spray of mighty Niagara Falls
• Savour gourmet cuisine in Québec City
• Explore the wilderness of rural Vancouver Island
• Go whale watching in the Strait of Georgia
• See bears at locations including Knight Inlet
• Traverse the mighty Rocky Mountains
• Experience vibrant Vancouver
• Drive the magnificent Icefields Parkway
• Hike the trails of beautiful Banff National Park
• See magnificent polar bears in Manitoba
• Discover the French influence in Montréal
All of our Canada hotels make for a fabulous honeymoon, but we have specially labelled a few of our favourite romantic hotels that we think make the most perfect settings for your dream honeymoon in Canada.
Getting married in Canada
As a weddings abroad specialist, Kuoni is the ideal choice to help you get married in Canada.
Canada Tailor Made
Canada is a perfect destination to create your own itinerary. Tailor make your ideal holiday from our vast array of product by combining destinations, hotels, tours and excursions to create your bespoke holiday.
• Take warm clothing and a waterproof jacket.
• Always have cash handy for entrance to National Parks (see www.pc.gc.ca).
• Tipping in bars and restaurants is acceptable at 10-20% and likely to raise eyebrows if absent altogether.
• Don’t litter and avoid leaving food around that might attract bears.
• Allow plenty of time when driving and take frequent rest stops at scenic viewpoints.
The ‘Loonie’, as Canadian’s endearingly refer to their distinctive gold one dollar coin, is a nickname derived from the depiction of the attractively speckled ‘common loon’ waterbird on the reverse, not, as some might insist, the depiction of the Queen’s head on the obverse.
Recommended Canada Hotels
Suggested Canada Cruises
Getting married In Canada
If you’re looking for a dramatic backdrop to your wedding or civil ceremony photos, get married in C...
Your British Columbia bucket list – meet the friendly locals
A grizzly bear feeding on salmon in the wild; a whale breaching just off a kayak’s bow, eagles gathe...
Ready for an eco-adventure in Canada?
Here are our favourite things to see and do at Sonora Resort
This resort has a mile-long vertical, two massive mountains, an Olympic pedigree and a long season f...