six time zones: GMT – 3½ to GMT – 8
Vast and epic, an ideal self-drive or touring destination
This is big country in every sense; big on distance, big on adventure, big on experience. Awe-inspiring landscapes of rugged mountains, forest wilderness and mighty rivers give way to icy cerulean waters that nature’s ocean giants call home. Watch as bears make calculated swipes for salmon leaping from the rapids, take a trip underneath one of the world’s mightiest waterfalls, ride across a glacier on board a ‘snowcoach’ and admire the architectural splendour of eclectic cities. And as for getting places – the journey here is part of the adventure.
Best time to visit
• Touring season in Canada runs from May to October, with the high summer months of June, July and August typically warm and offering long days and the best chance of sunshine.
• However, the climate can be variable and warm, waterproof clothing is essential year round.
Canada Holiday Highlights
• Feel the spray of mighty Niagara Falls
• Savour gourmet cuisine in Québec City
• Explore the wilderness of rural Vancouver Island
• Go whale watching in the Strait of Georgia
• See bears at locations including Knight Inlet
• Traverse the mighty Rocky Mountains
• Experience vibrant Vancouver
• Drive the magnificent Icefields Parkway
• Hike the trails of beautiful Banff National Park
• See magnificent polar bears in Manitoba
• Discover the French influence in Montréal
All of our Canada hotels make for a fabulous honeymoon, but we have specially labelled a few of our favourite romantic hotels that we think make the most perfect settings for your dream honeymoon in Canada.
Getting married in Canada
As a weddings abroad specialist, Kuoni is the ideal choice to help you get married in Canada.
Canada Tailor Made
Canada is a perfect destination to create your own itinerary. Tailor make your ideal holiday from our vast array of product by combining destinations, hotels, tours and excursions to create your bespoke holiday.
• Take warm clothing and a waterproof jacket.
• Always have cash handy for entrance to National Parks (see www.pc.gc.ca).
• Tipping in bars and restaurants is acceptable at 10-20% and likely to raise eyebrows if absent altogether.
• Don’t litter and avoid leaving food around that might attract bears.
• Allow plenty of time when driving and take frequent rest stops at scenic viewpoints.
The ‘Loonie’, as Canadian’s endearingly refer to their distinctive gold one dollar coin, is a nickname derived from the depiction of the attractively speckled ‘common loon’ waterbird on the reverse, not, as some might insist, the depiction of the Queen’s head on the obverse.
Recommended Canada Hotels
Suggested Canada Cruises
Canada & USA honeymoon
Energetic America and staggeringly scenic Canada are incredible honeymoon destinations, so book your...
Canada & USA wedding
Energetic America and staggeringly scenic Canada are bursting with perfect places to get married.
Family holidays in Canada
The world’s second largest country is not short of an adventure or two making it the perfect destina...
Getting married In Canada
If you’re looking for a dramatic backdrop to your wedding or civil ceremony photos, get married in C...