Sydney, Melbourne & Cairns GMT +10 hours; Adelaide & Darwin GMT +9½ hours; Perth GMT +8 hours.
Explore Australia with Kuoni
Vast and iconic, with contrasting landscapes and remarkable natural wonders . . . this is the land of adventure. Encompassing arid desert, rolling hills and rugged Outback, alongside a multitude of cosmopolitan cities, rural villages and beach paradises, Australia is an incredibly diverse country. Whether it’s a first time tour of the major cities, an extensive campervan expedition or a world class escape, this is the ideal destination for unique holiday experiences, half the world away.
Best time to visit
• With three climates from the ‘Top End’ to the south, the ‘best time’ depends on whereabouts you are.
• Generally speaking, Australia’s winter is from June to September and summer lasts from November to March.
• Peak season is June to August and around Christmas.
• Travelling to the Northern Territory and parts of Western Australia is best in winter months, avoiding peak summer temperatures and heavy rains.
We offer a wide range of Australia hotels and tours, as well as shorter add-on experiences, rail journeys and suggested self-drive itineraries. Our knowledgeable Australia sales team are passionate about the land down under and are experts in creating tailor-made holidays here.
Top Australia experiences
• Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
• Witness the changing colours of Uluru at sunrise – or sunset
• Spend a day wine tasting in the Hunter or Yarra Valley
• Take a seaplane over the Whitsunday Islands
• Stroll around Sydney Harbour
• Explore Tasmania’s rugged wilderness
• Drive the scenic Great Ocean Road
• Swim with wild dolphins in Western Australia
• Take a surfing lesson on one of the Gold Coast beaches
• Discover Aboriginal culture in the Red Centre.
Australia – The Essentials
• Wear a ‘stinger’ suit during jellyfish season – unattractive as they may be, these protective suits save lives.
• Fill up with petrol at every opportunity when driving in the Outback and take regular rest stops when driving anywhere.
• Respect local wildlife – take your litter with you and don’t feed wild animals.
The controversy of whether or not it is acceptable to climb Uluru runs on. There is no law against it, but bear in mind that Uluru’s aboriginal owners ask visitors not to take on the climb for two main reasons – the climb route is a sacred path of spiritual significance; and if accidents occur (and they do – there have been more than 35 deaths), the owners feel a sense of responsibility.
As a weddings abroad specialist, we at Kuoni are the ideal choice to help you plan your perfect wedding in Australia. We offer an extensive selection of packages in Sydney and also in some of Australia's finest beach retreats. For further information please see our dedicated Australia weddings pages or request a copy of our Weddings Brochure.
Recommended Australia Hotels
Suggested Australia Cruises
Australia Holiday Types
Australia & Pacific beach holidays
Head to Australia and Pacific islands for the holiday of a lifetime and see Australia's famous beach...
Discover Sydney’s world-renowned cuisine and wine, pulsating nightlife and urban beach lifestyle and...
Australia is a vast and incredibly diverse country bursting with youthful energy, contemporary sophi...
Luxury Australia holidays
Spanning three climates and three time zones, Australia is vast and iconic. A land rich in natural h...
Australia and New Zealand family holidays
Delight in a family holiday of a lifetime to the distant shores of Australia, New Zealand or the par...