Sydney, Melbourne & Cairns GMT +10 hours; Adelaide & Darwin GMT +9½ hours; Perth GMT +8 hours.
Unearth unique experiences in the land of adventure
Appearing high on wish lists and in once-in-a-lifetime travel plans, Australia is vast and iconic. Awe-inspiring landscapes of rugged Outback and glorious beaches can be reached from cosmopolitan cities; and colossal natural wonders sit both at the heart and offshore. Watch as rock formations change colour in the light of the day, glide through glistening waters alongside whale sharks and dolphins, and drive along one of the world’s most scenic coastal roads.
Whether it’s a first time tour of the major cities, an extensive campervan expedition or a world class escape, this is the ideal destination for unique holiday experiences, half the world away.
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, and swim with whale sharks and dolphins in Western Australia
- Learn all about Aborigine culture in the red centre and visit iconic Uluru
- An ideal self-drive destination with scenic roads, and great for families - especially with one of our campervans
- Iconic cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth
- The rugged wildernesses of Tasmania and Kangaroo Island, and the vast Outback
Best time to visit
• With three climates from the ‘Top End’ to the south, the ‘best time’ depends on whereabouts you are.
• Generally speaking, Australia’s winter is from June to September and summer lasts from November to March.
• Peak season is June to August and around Christmas.
• Travelling to the Northern Territory and parts of Western Australia is best in winter months, avoiding peak summer temperatures and heavy rains.
Recommended Australia Hotels
Australia with Simon Reeve
TV presenter Simon Reeve talks about his latest BBC series, Australia with Simon Reeve. We catch up...
Driving Australia’s Great Ocean Road
Laura Connor heads for Australia’s Great Ocean Road, discovering stunning natural scenery, feeding k...
Australia: Journey to the Red Centre
Norma Jolly travels to Australia’s Northern Territory to explore the Red Centre.
Top 10: Unmissable Australia
We’ve picked out the top 10 unmissable areas of Australia to explore, from the Great Ocean Road to A...
Western Australia: from dolphins to desert
Emma Rodgers embarks on a Western Australia adventure and discovers the area’s unique landscapes and...
Surf’s up in Australia
Siobhan O’Halleran speaks to surf instructor Tim Boulenger (known as ‘Tahiti Tim’) about how the spo...
How to see... the Great Barrier Reef & Whitsundays
From the air, underwater or an exclusive private island – the Great Barrier Reef is extraordinary fr...