Southern Grace With Insight Vacations
Step into the heartland of soul music, as you travel from Nashville through Memphis on to New Orleans. Take your reserved seat at the world-famous Grand Ole Opry in Nashville and enjoy a private, after hours visit to Graceland, Memphis. Along the way, you’ll meet local singer-songwriters, taste the region’s renowned cuisine and experience Southern hospitality at its best.
DAY 1 ARRIVE IN NASHVILLE
Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Upon arrival at Nashville International Airport, you will be met and taken to your downtown hotel.
At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine.
Hotel: JW Marriott Nashville.
Meals: Dinner with Wine
DAY 2 ENJOY NASHVILLE'S MUSICAL HISTORY
Enjoy a tour of historic Studio B with a professional sound engineer in a 30-minute, choir-style recording session. You'll be able to take home a copy of the recording as a one-of-a-kind souvenir. Head on to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, full of memorabilia from stars such as Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn and Garth Brooks. Once there, you'll join your Local Expert, a songwriter and singer, who will tell you the stories behind the biggest hits sung by well-known country music stars. End your day with a trip to the Grand Ole Opry or "country's most famous stage", for a live performance. If you are on a Chairman's Collection departure, today you will meet Hall of Fame musician Charlie McCoy.
DAY 3 - RELAXED START MEMPHIS AND GRACELAND, HOME OF THE KING
Travel from the home of country music to the birthplace of blues and Rock 'n' Roll. The evening is devoted to a private, after-hours, and docent-led tour of Graceland - as much an object of pilgrimage as a museum dedicated to the late, great, Elvis Presley. From the flowers and painted signs outside the gates, to the tear-streaked cheeks of fans inside, see the effect that Elvis and his music had on popular American culture. Enjoy a memorable Dinner with wine inside the Presley Motors Automobile Museum.
Hotel: The Westin Memphis Beale Street.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 4 - RELAXED START THE BEST OF MEMPHIS
Experience Memphis Your Way by visiting Sun Studios or the the National Civil Rights Museum. Later today you'll visit the Rock and Soul Museum, where you'll learn the stories of musical pioneers who overcame racial and socioeconomic barriers to create music that shook the world.
DAY 5 MISSISSIPPI MYSTIQUE IN NATCHEZ
Depart for Natchez, founded by the French in 1716 when it became home to a flowering colonial culture. There you will experience a private, owner-led tour of Sunnyside, a restored antebellum cottage. At your charming luxury country mansion inn, whet your palate during a mixology class and learn the science behind the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep. Then enjoy a delectable three-course Highlight Dinner with wine, in the stunning main house.
Hotel: Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens, Natchez.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 6 FROGMORE, HOUMAS HOUSE, AND NEW ORLEANS
Stop at Frogmore Plantation and journey back to the time when cotton was king. With your costumed hosts, tour a reconstructed 19th century plantation. Next, get a glimpse into the sweet side of the South with a visit to Houmas House plantation, once the largest producer of sugar in the country. In the evening, you'll learn about Creole cuisine during a lively cooking demonstration. Enjoy these culinary creations over a special Highlight Dinner with wine.
Hotel:Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans.
Meals:Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 7 - RELAXED START NEW ORLEANS SIGHTSEEING
Join a Local Expert for a tour of the city as you learn about its rich history steeped in the myriad of cultures that have found a new home here. See Jackson Square and the Treme neighbourhood before exploring City Park. Take in this picturesque scene and admire the oak trees with a warm café au lait in hand. Next, visit one of the city's famous above ground cemeteries and learn about their uniquely joyful perspective on life and death.
DAY 8 - RELAXED START EXPLORING NEW ORLEANS, THE BIG EASY
Start the day with a bayou expert on the rural side of the Crescent City, as you board a boat to meet the resident alligators and other fauna and flora. Enjoy some free time before gathering with your new friends and toasting to lifelong memories during a Celebration Dinner with wine at the famous New Orleans restaurant, Arnaud's, with toe-tapping live jazz as your backdrop.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 9 DEPART NEW ORLEANS
Bid 'au revoir' to the Big Easy in the morning. A complimentary transfer is provided to Louis Armstrong Airport or choose to extend your stay at Hotel Monteleone. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.
Good to know
• Nashville: Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and get a private behind-the-scenes look at the songwriting process with a local songwriter and singer.
• Memphis: Take a private, after-hours tour of Graceland before sitting down to a special dinner inside the Presley Motors Automobile Museum.
• Nashville: Join the ranks of superstar musicians like Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson and record a song at legendary Studio B, take home the recording as a truly unique souvenir.
• Memphis: Visit Sun Studios, where famous music icons like Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis and Johnny Cash recorded revolutionary albums or the National Civil Rights Museum.
• New Orleans: Visit Houmas House, the crown jewel of Louisiana’s River Road, previously voted best Louisiana attraction.
• Nashville: Attend a live taping of the Grand Ole Opry, America's longest-running live radio program.
• Memphis: Enjoy a private, after hours visit to Graceland, followed by a home-style cooked meal, favoured by the King himself.
• Natchez: Learn to make the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep, before an elegant, four-course Southern dinner in the period surroundings of the Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens.
• New Orleans: Discover the flair of Creole cuisine during a cooking demonstration and special Highlight Dinner.
• Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
Tours depart in May, June, September and October; speak to a Personal Travel Expert for further information.
Included in price
• You will be escorted by a Travelling Concierge, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
• Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
• Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
• At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
• Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
• All taxes and porterage charges at hotels are included.
• Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
• From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
• Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.