The American Southwest is a panoramic stage for Mother Nature’s most majestic performance. From exploring the crimson landscapes and diverse scenery of Monument Valley to chasing the bright lights of Las Vegas, this all-American journey introduces you to America's West in complete style.
DAY 1 ARRIVE IN PHOENIX AND TRAVEL TO SCOTTSDALE
Welcome to Arizona, famous for road trips, Monument Valley, and of course the Grand Canyon. Your airport transfer will whisk you to your hotel in Scottsdale a playground of the Hollywood greats in the 1950s and 1960s who were escaping the paparazzi. Enjoy the facilities and grounds of this striking desert oasis. Why not head out and explore Old Scottsdale, an agreeably traditional representation of the state? Here, you’ll be surrounded by retro wooden buildings, rodeo inspired artwork and a selection of local stores, all radiating a classic Southwestern flair. Why not pick up a pair of staple cowboy boots to don for the rest of your journey? At 18:00, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at your hotel, where you will have the opportunity to mingle over a delightful dinner with wine.
Hotel: Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale.
Meals: Dinner with Wine
DAY 2 SEDONA AND THE WONDERS OF THE MIGHTY GRAND CANYON
Journey north to the bohemian colony of Sedona. Attractive to healers, this spiritual town’s vortexes are rumoured to offer alternative medicines and practices. If retail therapy is more your thing, explore Sedona’s shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty, which makes it a hotspot for hikers, swimmers and eager campers. Journey on to Grand Canyon National Park, where you have the opportunity to take an optional, once-in-a-lifetime, flightseeing tour by helicopter or plane. Join a Local Expert for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon before ending your day with a tranquil night inside the park and an appetising Highlight Dinner with wine in the inviting Thunderbird Room of your lodge. Located on the South Rim, this beautiful venue offers a wet-bar, barbeque and private balcony, so you can feast on hearty food while taking in the stunning views.
Hotel:National Park Lodges, Grand Canyon.
Meals:Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 3 MONUMENT VALLEY AND LAKE POWELL Head through striking crimson landscapes to the historic Cameron Trading Post where you can familiarize yourself with Native American arts and crafts. Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and more about life on their beautiful land. Later today, you’ll stop by the Glen Canyon Dam where you’ll learn about its history and impact on the Colorado River, before arriving at your lakefront resort. In the evening relax by your hotel’s swimming pool or simply take in the beautiful views across the lake from the comfort of the hotel’s bar and restaurant. Hotel: Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Lake View or Marina View Rooms). Meals: Breakfast
DAY 4 - RELAXED START LEISURELY LAKE POWELL
Your morning is at leisure. Perhaps join an optional float trip(8) down the scenic Colorado River or simply relax and enjoy the resort’s facilities. Later today, a serene cruise through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon awaits. End the day with a breathtaking sunset from your lake view or marina view room.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 5 BRYCE CANYON AND ZION NATIONAL PARKS
Head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees and red rock pillars. You’ll take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos, before travelling through more amazing scenery to the lush cliff-and-canyon landscape of Zion National Park. A day of sightseeing deserves some evening festivities. Join your Travel Director and new friends for a Celebration Dinner and wine to discuss your take on the ethereal characters of Utah’s famous canyon.
Hotel: Zion National Park Lodge.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 6 ZION TO LAS VEGAS, FROM NATURE TO NEON
Depart the tranquil ambiance of Zion National Park Lodge and board a private Zion Canyon Shuttle. Live commentary will take you through the scenic highlights of the park, followed by some downtime to explore on your own. Depart the natural beauty of the park to arrive in the bright lights and glamour of Las Vegas. With an array of shopping malls, live shows and dining opportunities, this dazzling destination is sure to entertain. And for those looking to hit the casinos, make sure you come with your poker face ready.
Hotel: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas.
DAY 7 DEPART LAS VEGAS
It’s time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as your adventure comes to an end with a departure transfer to Las Vegas International Airport.
Good to know
• Grand Canyon: Join Local Expert Canyon Tim for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
• Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
• Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American's traded wool and livestock.
• Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
• Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
• Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
• Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
• Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
• Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
Tours depart in Februrary, April, May, June, July, August, September and October; please speak to a Personal Travel Expert for further information.
Included in price
• A highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
• Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
• Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
• Your bags will be carried for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
• Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
• Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
• From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
• If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.