2 pools including a children's pool, windsurfing, sailing, canoeing, fitness room, tennis court, games room, spa*, weekly yoga classes*, Thai cooking class*, gift shop*, babysitting services*, Wi-Fi throughout
Restaurants & bars
The Po-Lad Beach Bistro & Bar serves up a great choice of Thai, Chinese and Western dishes in a lively atmosphere during the day. Then at dusk, it transforms into a contemporary gourmet restaurant offering you an elegant fusion menu featuring fresh local seafood and fine meats. You can choose to dine in the open sala, on the canopied terrace, or directly under the stars on the deck. Chef Chom's Thai Restaurant strives to serve authentic Thai cuisine from every region. The Butler's (open in high season) draws on Mediterranean and pan-Asian influences to create a selection of delicious tapas served alongside superb wine in an intimate setting.
Spa & wellness
The Tongsai Bay is arranged around a picturesque private cove with suites and villas arrayed along the hillside overlooking the gentle curve of the beautiful private beach. The waters are warm and relatively sheltered, making a perfect place for a refreshing dip. The main pool is just steps away, sun loungers are available on the beach itself and well spaced to avoid crowding, and for the ultimate indulgence, stick a flag in the sand for bar service and complimentary iced water.
• The resort was sensitively constructed, where possible trees causing an obstruction were relocated.
• Water conservation initiatives include water saving faucets, reduced toilet flush capacities and recycling waste water to water the gardens.
• Energy conservation through using energy saving light bulbs, electric buggies, some solar cells, using the hot water generated during air-conditioning and an ozone system in the laundry.
• Animal and plant conservation with sections of grounds left undisturbed as forest and an animal protection unit.
• Minimisation waste production along with effective waste sorting and recycling.
• Organic waste is composted and then used in the resort’s own gardens to produce organic herbs and vegetables for the kitchens.
• The use of plastic is actively avoided, for example re-usable cloth bags made from recycled napkins are used in place of plastic bags, re-usable ceramic bottles for toiletries and glass instead of plastic bottles.
• Reduce chemical usage by using biological pesticides, compost as fertiliser and biological detergents.
• The resort supports local projects such as funding and advising a local school on their low-carbon practices, tree planting, litter clearing, beach cleaning and supporting an animal rescue centre and wildlife foundations.
*Denotes local charge