South Africa has 11 official languages: Afrikaans, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Southern Sotho, Swazi, Tsongo, Tswana, Venda, Xhosa, Zulu and English.
Visa not required for UK passport holders; 2 full clear pages together required in passport. South Africa has strict entry requirements for those travelling with children under 18. Ask your Personal Travel Expert for more details.
• April – Cape Town Jazz Festival.
• April – Klein Karoo Festival, Oudtshoorn.
• June – Knysna Oyster Festival.
• June to November – Whale watching season along the Cape coast.
• July – Stellenbosch Wine Festival.
• September – Johannesburg Good Food & Wine Show.
South Africa has additional entry requirements for those travelling with children under 18. Please ask your Personal Travel Expert for more details. Electrical sockets can vary between US, UK, South African and USB plugs in hotels.
Waiters and taxi drivers should receive 10 % of the bill, unless a service charge is levied. Two Rand per bag is recommended for porters.