Kariega is a family owned private game reserve offering luxury accommodation, fantastic game viewing and a great variety of both fauna and flora. Covering nearly 90 square kilometres of wilderness, it is a great place to find the Big Five, enjoy stunning views and experience something authentically African.
Shamwari offers an experience in responsible tourism, with visitors being able to visit two unique Born Free sanctuaries within the park. It is also one of the biggest private game reserves in South Africa and one of the most luxurious, with 5 star lodges and luxury spas, including a unique bush spa.
Go green on safari at The Amakhala Game Reserves and lodges. A unique conservation initiative, Amakhala is all above reintroducing animals to the land they once owned and making sure as much of the natural and original flora and fauna will return to the area. There are a variety of lodges offering colonial homestead, classic bush lodges, a historic inn and a farmhouse.
Eastern Cape Game Reserve holiday highlights
• Cruise down the Kariega River aboard the Kariega Queen and enjoy the tranquillity and wildlife of the area.
• Bayethe Lodge, Shamwari, 12 luxurious tents with private plunge pools, excelling game viewing and a delectable bush spa.
• Enjoy the original flora and fauna of South Africa in the beautiful Amakhala reserve, one of South Africa’s best.
Eastern Cape Game Reserve Tailor Made
Create your perfect multi-centre holiday by combining games reserves, lodges, hotels and destinations. We can match your exact requirements to create a bespoke holiday just for you.
• Browse our online portfolio, or request a copy of our fantastic Africa brochure
• See our Game Reserves page to make sure you pick the perfect safari or lodge for your South Africa holidays.
• Call our knowledgeable and dedicated Africa sales team on 01306 747002 who will help guide you through your options and prepare your detailed holiday quotation.