Swimming pool, children’s pool, spa*, thalassotherapy pools, hammam, yoga*, 2 championship golf courses*, 9-hole course*, driving range, tennis academy*, 6 tennis courts*, fitness centre, free bicycle hire, kids’ club (4-12 year olds), teen club*, Wi-Fi
Restaurants & bars
• Buon Giorno - Casual restaurant serving a breakfast buffet
• La Zagara - Fine dining à la carte restaurant offering Mediterranean cuisine, open for dinner
• Liola - Seasonal trattoria and pizzeria with a seaview terrace serving homemade pasta, seafood and tempting ice-creams, open for lunch and dinner
• Amare - Seasonal beach restaurant serving salads, barbecued dishes, fresh fish and pizza, open for lunch and dinner
• La Granita - Main bar with a wonderful large terrace and stunning sea views
• Torre Bar - Serves light lunches and refreshing drinks.
• Pool bar - Seasonal bar offering light meals, snack and drinks during the day
• Spa Bar - Serving fresh fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies and light dishes.
Spa & wellness
What’s nearby? The Verdura Resort is in a secluded countryside setting, which is all part of its appeal. There’s a sandy beach just footsteps away, and an 18-hole championship golf course that neighbours the hotel. The pretty waterfront town of Sciacca is a 15-minute drive away, and it’s 40 minutes from Agrigento, an ancient site full of amazing Greek temples.
Tried and tested Families can learn how to make Sicilian pizza and pasta at the resort’s culinary school*. There are also adults-only sessions, where guests can learn from expert mixologists, and try fine wine tasting with the resort’s sommelier.
The sleeping arrangements The rooms, suites and villas were designed by renowned interiors specialist, Olga Polizzi. For the décor, inspiration was drawn from the Sicilian landscape, and all room types feature four-poster beds, spacious terraces and sea views. For families we recommend the Villas, which sleep up to nine people and come with private pools and courtyards. Villa guests also have a local island expert assigned to them.
1.8km of private coastline with watersports available (extra cost).
• Two 18-holes championship golf courses are surrounded by orange and olive groves
• A 9-hole short course, driving range, practice facilities, tuition programmes, golf-pro shop, golf academy are also available.
*Denotes local charge