Journey to the untouched paradise of the Galapagos Islands and follow in Darwin’s footsteps as you discover an astonishing abundance of wildlife and dramatic landscapes aboard the MV Santa Cruz II. One of the largest and best-equipped ships in the Galapagos, she also has one of the most experienced and highly professional crews in the archipelago.
Relax on the Sun Deck or sip a delicious drink as you unwind in the Jacuzzi. For the chance to spot the resident whales or dolphins, head to the observation platform. The dining room, lounge and bar are elegant and spacious, and the ship has a well-stocked library and reading room for those wanting to learn more about this captivating region. The 50 spacious cabins house a maximum of 90 guests in a variety of cabin types, from the Voyager Deck Single Cabins, to the indulgent Darwin Suites.
Head out on Zodiacs for shore excursions, and if you are lucky, you may spot orcas hunting. Dive beneath the waves on a snorkelling adventure to explore this colourful underwater world. If you prefer to keep your head above the waves, a glass-bottom boat ride is a fantastic alternative. After a day packed with adventure, a barbecue out on the Panorama Deck or an indulgent Ecuadorian buffet meal in the Beagle Dining Room is a great way to end the day.
There are various route options around the Galapagos available, so you can choose your cruise based on your own interests.
4-night Northern Islands itinerary
Day 1 Baltra Island & Las Bachas, Santa Cruz Island
Day 2 Buccaneer Cove & Puerto Egas, Santiago Island
Day 3 Rabida Island & Bartolome Island
Day 4 Prince Philip Steps & Darwin Bay, Genovesa Island
Day 5 Tortoise Reserve, Santa Cruise Island & disembark on Baltra Island
4-night Western Islands itinerary
Day 1 Baltra Island & Cerro Dragón, Santa Cruz Island
Day 2 Punta Vicente Roca, Isabela Island & Punta Espinoza, Fernandina Island
Day 3 Puerto Ayora and the Charles Darwin Research Station, Santa Cruz Island
Day 4 Baroness Tower, Post Office Bay, Champion Islet and Punta Cormorant, Floreana Island
Day 5 Disembark on Baltra Island
6-night Eastern Islands itinerary
Day 1 Baltra Island & Mosquera Islet
Day 2 Puerto Baquerizo Moreno & Punta Pitt, San Cristobal Island
Day 3 Santa Fe Island & South Plaza Island
Day 4 Puerto Ayora and the Charles Darwin Research Station, Santa Cruz Island
Day 5 Punta Suarez, Gardner Bay & Osborn Islet, Española Island
Day 6 Eden Islet & North Seymour Island
Day 7 Disembark on Baltra Island.
Good to know
• Tipping is customary in Ecuador and is at your discretion. We recommend tipping at the end of your cruise
• Dry landings involve guests stepping from the dinghy onto rocks or a dock
• Wet landings involve guests stepping into knee deep water and wading ashore
• This cruise is not suitable for those with mobility problems
• The itineraries maybe subject to late amendments due to seasonal changes in the wildlife, weather or changes in government regulation
• The Galapagos National Park fee and tourist card are included in the cost of the holiday
• Children over 6 are welcome aboard the MV Santa Cruz II
• A level of fitness is required for walks and wet landings.
• Four night Eastern Galapagos islands – Fortnightly on Friday • Four night Northern Galapagos islands – Fortnightly on Monday • Five night Western Galapagos islands – Fortnightly on Thursday
Included in price
• All meals
• Island sightseeing
• Naturalist guides and lecture services
• Snorkelling gear (excluding wet suits)
• Transfers in the Galapagos and to and from Quito or Guayaquil hotels.