GMT +2 hours
See the awesome Victoria Falls
A legendary land traversed by the mighty Zambezi, Zambia features breathtaking lakes, mighty wetlands and incredible wildlife. Explore Luangwa National Park and Lower Zambezi – game viewing by day and night or on foot make for excellent safaris. Considered one of the wonders of the natural world, don’t miss Victoria Falls, marvelling at huge clouds of spray rising up into the air as six waterfalls plummet to the chasm below.
Zambia Holiday Highlights
• Visit Victoria Falls, known locally as Mosi-oa-Tunya or the ‘Smoke that Thunders’. At the height of the wet season more than 564 million cubic metres of water cascade over the edge into a gorge over 100 metres below.
• Enjoy plenty of photo opportunities – you may capture herds of migrating zebra, elephants or big cats on film depending on the time of year.
Zambia - The Essentials
• If visiting local villages, a long skirt or trousers and longer sleeves are recommended.
• During game viewing wear neutral colours and bring layers for the cooler mornings; binoculars are a must.
• Due to the use of mobile camps, extra batteries are a must as electricity for charging items may not always be available.
In the heart of Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, lies the mighty Victoria Falls, where Zambia meets Zimbabwe along the Zambezi River. We stayed at the Zambezi Sun hotel, situated right within the national park - which means that you are within steps of the mighty Falls and also from your balcony you get to see giraffe, zebra and monkeys practically within touching distance!
A few minutes walk and you are at the Falls - though you can hear them long before you see them! The thunderous falls send spray high into the air, and you can walk underneath sections but be careful you don't get too wet! We took a helicopter over the Falls which was an amazing way to see them, and also took a cruise on the Zambezi Queen, a great way to relax on the water whilst trying to spot crocs! One must to here is a cocktail at the bar of the Royal Livingstone Hotel, which is perched just over the Zambezi - you can enjoy your drink watching the sunset over the Falls.