Safety and Security
We take the safety and security of our clients extremely seriously. If the Foreign Office advises that people should not visit a particular country, then we would act on this and reserve the right to cancel your holiday. However we are sure you appreciate from press and television coverage that the political, economic and social conditions in many of the countries we feature are not as stable as we are used to in Europe. Sadly crimes against both people and their property are a fact of life the world over, and when in a foreign country it is very important to be extra vigilant and avoid drawing attention to yourself by wearing expensive jewellery, carrying expensive camera equipment etc.
Travellers have the same responsibility for their personal safety and that of their possessions, as they do at home. Kuoni holidays operate to many parts of the world, some of which do not conform to British health and safety standards. We request that all hotels comply with the local regulations applicable in their country for health and safety but we cannot guarantee that these meet British standards and therefore urge that you undertake reasonable precautions to protect your family and yourself whilst on holiday.
Health facilities, hygiene and disease risk vary worldwide. You should take health advice about your specific needs as early as possible and ensure that vaccinations or preventative measures such as malaria tablets are taken early enough (which may be a month or more prior to departure) to be fully effective by the date of travel. Sources of information include the Department of Health free leaflet 'Health advice for travellers' (available on request Tel. 0800 555 777), your General Practitioner or a specialist clinic. The advice given in respect of vaccinations was correct at the time of going to press (May 2007). However, for more detailed information we would strongly recommend you contact your GP or one of the specialist vaccination centres immediately.
In the event of flight disruptions due to volcanic ash, we'll fully cover the cost of your holiday (including deposit) if your trip is cancelled and cover reasonable accommodation costs if you are stranded abroad until we can bring you home.
Before you travel
Our dedicated Ash Crisis Team will work with the authorities and our business partners to ensure that we get you away on your holiday as quickly as possible.
If you are stranded abroad
Our team overseas will be focused on doing everything to help you whilst you are stranded abroad, along with support from our Ash Crisis Team in the UK.
Terms and Conditions
- If your holiday is cancelled due to ash disruption we will help you to rebook an alternative holiday at a later date, or we will offer you a full refund.
- Any increase to the cost of alternative holidays must be paid or a refund of the difference if lower.
- If affected when overseas and on a package holiday, we will cover the cost of reasonable accommodation on a room only basis. Room and breakfast will also be covered if your stay with us included a meal plan.
- Costs will only be covered by Kuoni where your airline or insurance provider will not meet the costs.
- Costs for accommodation and meals will not be met by Kuoni if you have booked on an accommodation only basis.
- Costs for accommodation and meals will not be met if you have booked on a flight only basis.