GMT +3 hours
The best for Tanzania beach and safari holidays
From the white sand beaches, traditional farms and fishing villages of Zanzibar to the rolling plains of the wildlife-rich Serengeti and the snowcapped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania is simply mesmerising. With Kuoni, choose from a range of safaris and spot lions lazing in the sun or herds of wildebeest thundering through scorched plains, then relax on the beautiful shores of the Indian Ocean.
The sights, sounds and smells of this historic World Heritage site of Stone Town really tell you that you are in exotic Africa. Spend a few idle hours just wandering through the fascinating labyrinth of narrow streets and alleyways after hitting one of the stunning beaches."
Dan Hewitt, Kuoni's Personal Travel Expert
Tanzania holiday highlights
• Witness the wildebeest migration in the incomparable Serengeti - one of nature's unforgettable spectacles
• The dramatic landscapes and abundant wildlife of the Ngorongoro Crater
• Mount Kilimanjaro - Africa's highest peak, snowcapped and beautiful both from afar on safari or up close on a challenging climb
• The exotic spice island of Zanzibar, with its bustling heritage town and pristine Indian Ocean beaches.
Tanzania - The Essentials
• Lightweight clothing in brown, beige and khaki are recommended and a sweater for the early morning and evening.
• A hat is a must to avoid sunstroke.
• A number of vaccinations are recommended and we advise that you contact your GP.
• Visitors from countries infected with yellow fever must produce a vaccination certificate.
• The biggest tip will probably go to your tour driver if they’ve been helpful - as much as £3 per person per day is expected on safari.
The Ngorongoro Crater was created when a volcano erupted before collapsing in on itself. It is 610 metres deep and its floor covers a staggering 100 square miles, the original volcano is estimated to have been between 4500 and 5800 metre high before its collapse. Now the crater is home to a plethora of wildlife including the Big Five and a must-see on any Tanzania trip.
All of our Tanzania safari lodges and Zanzibar beach resorts make for fabulous honeymoon settings, but we have specially labelled a few of our favourite, most romantic retreats that we think make the most perfect settings for your dream honeymoon in Tanzania. Please note that due to local laws and customs, same sex honeymoons are not recommended in Tanzania.
Getting married in the Zanzibar is a spectacular way to tie the knot. Choose from our romantic Zanzibar hotels and maybe even combine your wedding with a honeymoon on a thrilling Tanzania safari.
Look out for our ‘Wedding’ labelled Zanzibar hotels for our specially negotiated Zanzibar wedding packages. All of our Zanzibar wedding hotels also offer Renewal of Vows ceremonies and many also offer special offers and discounts, please see the individual pages for details.
Kuoni Exclusive Tanzania Hotels
We have specially selected some of our favourite resorts and made them exclusive to Kuoni customers in the UK. These resorts also rate amongst the most consistently recommended hotels on Trip Advisor. In Tanzania, we are exclusively featuring Serengeti Bushtops.
Tanzania Tailor Made
At Kuoni, we have a portfolio of Tanzania holiday products that is second to none. When combined with our heritage of creating the finest bespoke holidays, we really know how to tailor make your perfect Tanzania itinerary.
In Tanzania you could:
• Enjoy two holidays in one with a beach and safari combination
• Plan your own extensive personalised safari itinerary
• Perhaps fly into Tanzania's most exclusive private game reserves
Create your holiday
Recommended Tanzania Hotels
Tanzania Holiday Types
Tanzania 4x4 safaris
Experience the thrill of safari on a 4x4 holiday in Tanzania. Our award-winning team will create you...
Tanzania fly-in safaris
A Tanzania fly-in safari makes the perfect accompaniment to a stay on one of Zanzibar’s sublime beac...
Luxury Tanzania and Zanzibar holidays
Tanzania’s landscape varies from forested mountains and flat plains where the game roams freely, to...