One of our most popular tours, on this classic journey through Sri Lanka you'll discover many of the island's most fascinating archaeological, historical and scenic sights.
Some early starts ensure you'll experience the best of this captivating country, and magical sightseeing and breathtaking scenery make the long days more than worthwhile. We highly recommend upgrading to the private car and driver-guide featured below.
- • Negombo: 1 night • Habarana/Sigiriya: 2 nights • Kandy: 2 nights • Nuwara Eliya: 1 night • Yala or Udawalawe Park: 1 night (optional) • Beach: 4 nights or more plus up to 4 nights free (optional)
- • Visit Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage • Climb to the top of the rock fortress at Sigiriya • See the magnificent Dambulla rock caves • Discover Kandy's famous Temple of the Tooth • Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens • See fragrant tea plantations in Nuwara Eliya • Enjoy lunch in Kithulgala, where the Bridge on the River Kwai was filmed Extend your stay by 4 nights • Bask on Bentota Beach on the glorious coast
Accommodation on tour
Accommodation is i a choice of 3 or 4 star hotels.
Meals on tour
• Prices include: o Full breakfast on Days 3 to Day 8. o Lunch on Day 3. o Dinner on Days 3 and Day 5 on the 3 star tour and Days 3 to Day 7 on the 4 star tour. o Breakfast only at your beach hotel in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
Ceylon Tour is a small group tour escorted by a local guide from Day 2 to Day 7. Extensions are not escorted (excluding Udawalawe or Yala) but local assistance is provided.
Air-conditioned transport throughout.
• Enjoy your own car and driver-guide from Days 3-9. This costs a supplement of £150 per person (based on 2 people per car).
Good to know
• This tour is subject to a minimum number of passengers. Please call for details.
• For departures on other days of the week, depending on flight schedules, an extra night at the Mount Lavinia hotel may be required at the beginning of your tour.a
WEEKLY on Wednesday.