Johannesburg & Pretoria
We feature two fashionable suburbs of Johannesburg which are great for connections or one night stays before or after your South African Adventure. Both of which offer excellent restaurants, bars and shopping. Gauteng, the province that includes Johannesburg and Pretoria, has plenty of wide-open spaces. Big game can be seen in its nature reserves, although many visitors head for the huge Kruger Park, a half-day’s drive to the northeast. Tourism is a bright spot, a major earner and creator of jobs; combined with the South Africans’ natural hospitality that means that you’ll be made more than welcome.
Pretoria is renowned for its beautiful parks and gardens, in springtime the streets are washed with the delicate mauve of Jacarandas. The planners had the foresight to design over 100 open spaces in the city and these include nature reserves and bird sanctuaries. Delightful old buildings have been painstakingly restored and it has emerged from its political past as a vibrant and interesting place with many attractions for the visitor.
Johannesburg & Pretoria highlights
• Friendly George, spectacularly located in the shadow of the Outeniqua Mountains, makes an ideal base for exploring the area's natural wonders, with access to miles of walking and cycling trails.
• Plettenburg Bay is a happy collision of sweeping golden beaches, stunning lagoons and ancient forests on the Indian Ocean coast.
• Mossel Bay is a seaside town roughly half way between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, set on a dramatic peninsula, marking the location of the first meeting between African and European people.
• Knysna, a town buzzing with creative energy, the place to buy your Garden Route souvenirs. Set amid lush forest, shimmering lakes and glorious beaches, it is a magnet for the nature lover.
Johannesburg & Pretoria Tailor Made
Create your perfect multi-centre holiday by combining games reserves, lodges, hotels and destinations. We can match your exact requirements to create a bespoke holiday just for you.
• Browse our online portfolio, or request a copy of our fantastic Africa brochure.
• See our Game Reserves page to make sure you pick the perfect safari or lodge for your South Africa holidays.
• Call our knowledgeable Africa sales team on 01306 747002 who will help guide you through your options and prepare your detailed holiday quotation.
South Africa Facts & Information
For further information, inspiration and holiday ideas see our comprehensive list of facts and information.
5 Hotels, 5 Tours