GMT +4 hours
Fascinating holidays to Oman with Kuoni
Reached by a relatively short flight, by long haul standards at least, and offering almost guaranteed blue skies, Oman is perfect for some winter sun and, in recent years, it has emerged as a hip holiday destination. This Arab state offers you so much more than just the perfect beach break. Seek out utterly beautiful mountain and desert landscapes; experience the genuine pride that the Omanis have in their country; and see an entirely different side of Arabia than you will find in the flashier neighbouring United Arab Emirates.
- Muscat is one of the Arabian Peninsula’s most traditional cities – the country’s history, culture and architectural are kept alive here
- The nation’s interior is home to ancient oasis towns such Nizwa and a secluded hotel overlooking a canyon – easily combined with time spent in Muscat
- The Wahiba Sands are an ever-changing landscape of wave-like sand dunes and are home to unique desert camps
- The Musandam Peninsula is separated from the rest of Oman by the UAE, has dramatic coastal and mountainous landscapes and is easily reached from Dubai
Best time to visit Oman
The best months to visit Oman are March, April, September and October when the days are largely warm and dry, with temperatures averaging between 26 and 35°C . January-March is slightly cooler and you are more likely to experience occasional rainfall. During the summer months it becomes very hot and humid – so much so that many hotels close a number of their outdoor restaurants and bars.
Oman holiday highlights
Oman Holiday Highlights
• A city tour of the capital, Muscat, lining a natural, picturesque harbour overlooked by the twin Portuguese colonial forts of Al Jalali and Al Mirani, and the ancient port of Muttrah - the perfect place to shop for Omani specialities such as handcrafted silver, textiles and perfumes.
• Explore the sights of Muscat before heading into the country's rugged interior for adventures aplenty.
• Discover the secret delights of the lesser visited Musandam peninsula - a truly beautiful region where activities include snorkelling, diving and cruising the incredible fjords.
All of our Oman hotels make for fabulous honeymoon settings, but we have specially labelled a few of our favourite, most romantic retreats that we think make the most perfect settings for your dream honeymoon in Oman.
Tailor Made Oman Holidays
Don’t forget that with Kuoni you can create your own dream holiday by customising your trip, choosing different combinations of nights, hotels and resorts. You can even combine holidays to Oman with other exciting destinations, such as Dubai City & Muscat.
• Request a quote online
Recommended Oman Hotels
3 nights, Room & Breakfast, 01 May '17
3 nights, Room & Breakfast, 16 May '17
3 nights, Room & Breakfast, 30 Apr '17