GMT -6 hours
Sandy beaches, Mayan sites and ecological parks
Stretching south from pretty Playa del Carmen to Tulum's dramatic cliff-top ruins, the Mayan Riviera offers miles of powdery white-sand beaches, ancient Mayan sites and tranquil ecological parks. Quieter than Cancun, it's an ideal destination for those in search of peace and relaxation.
Mayan Riviera Holiday Highlights
• Puerto Aventuras lies just 10 miles south of Playa Del Carmen. Still relatively undeveloped, its main attraction is the marina with its adjacent shops, bars and restaurants.
• Three miles further south of Puerto Aventuras is the small fishing village of Xpu-Ha and the spectacular eco-resort with its powdery beaches, tropical mangroves and transparent turquoise waters.
• Tulum sits on the southeast coast of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, about 80 miles south of Cancun. It's famous for the stunning Mayan ruins perched on the edge of the cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea. A quiet resort with a spectacular, wide sandy beach and easy access to the Xel-Ha ecological park.
• Visit Xcaret eco-archaeological park and see a range of flora and fauna, small Mayan ruins and a natural aquarium. You can even swim with dolphins.
All of our Mexico hotels make for fabulous honeymoon settings. Mix fascinating culture with heady escapism as you discover legendary Mayan sites and soak up the sun on sprawling white-sand beaches.
Mexico Tailor Made
Our experienced Personal Travel Experts are waiting to tailor make your dream Mexico holiday. We can combine your choice of flights and destinations, hotels, tours and experiences as your bespoke trip springs to life. Simply:
• Look through our online portfolio or request your free copy of our Caribbean & Mexico brochure
• Give us a call on 01306 747002
• Email us for a quotation
Mexico Multi Centres
See more of Mexico by visiting more than one resort. Or combine your Mexican escape with other vibrant destinations such as Costa Rica and Guatemala in Latin America or St Lucia and Antigua in the Caribbean. Call us on 01306 747002 to discuss your options.
Recommended Mayan Riviera & Playa Del Carmen Hotels
7 nights, All Inclusive, 03 Sep '13
7 nights, All Inclusive, 13 Jun '13
7 nights, All Inclusive, 04 Jun '13
7 nights, All Inclusive, 24 Sep '13