GMT +7 hours
Poetically known as 'the land of a million elephants' and one of south-east Asia's most enchanting countries, Laos is eye-wateringly beautiful and boasts a rich embroidery of traditional culture and wondrous scenery.
In Laos half the fun of travel is in the travel itself – the people you meet, the chickens you share seats with, the wrong turns you take and the lào-láo you share with the smiling family at the end of the road less travelled. A remarkably relaxed country considering it's bustling neighbours, Laos constantly surprises, from meandering sedate village life where you are seemingly accepted as a local simply by being there and offering a smile, to the action/adventure sports available in the North, from it's incredible history both ancient and recent and the feeling that history is happening all around you. Easy to travel around, easy to be affected by and almost impossible to forget, Laos is remarkable.
Robin Griffiths, Personal Travel Expert
If you want to tread a path less travelled, this charming country is the perfect destination. Meet find warm, friendly people, see fabulous sights and taste mouth-watering local cuisine. Laid back Laos is easy to explore but difficult to leave.
Laos holiday highlights
• Luang Prabang sits at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers. Discover its diverse architecture, historic temples and charming old French mansions.
• Sleepy capital city Vientiane is home to ornate temples and colonial-influenced architecture.
• The Plain of Jars is a fascinating area of rolling fields, where hundreds of huge stone jars lay scattered across the landscape.
• Visit the limestone caves of Pak Ou, many encased with images of Buddha.
• Laos' remote northern provinces lie close to the borders of China, Thailand and Vietnam, and are home minority groups still living traditional ways of life from centuries past.
Laos - The Essentials
• Never touch someone on the head or point with your feet, always remove your shoes before entering a person’s home and dress conservatively, especially when entering temples and sacred religious sights.
• In Laos smiles are often returned!
All of our Laos hotels make for stunning honeymoon settings. Marvel at majestic temples in sleepy capital city Vientiane, be mesmerised by the limestone caves of Pak Ou and their Buddha images, and tour historic landmarks in Luang Prabang.
Laos tailor made
Our experienced Personal Travel Experts are waiting to tailor make your dream Laos holiday. We can combine your choice of flights and destinations, hotels, tours and experiences as your bespoke trip springs to life. Simply:
• Look through our online portfolio or request your free copy of our Far East brochure
• Give us a call on 01306 747002
• Email us for a quotation
See more of the Far East by combining Laos with other exciting destinations such as Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
Call us on 01306 747002 to discuss your options.