Kenya Born Free Safari
This unique safari journeys to the places at the heart of Born Free’s rich history and current works. The captivating story of Elsa the lioness as told by Joy Adamson – and later in the movie Born Free – changed the world’s view of wild animals and conservation, and here you’ll have the extraordinary opportunity to experience it for yourself. What's more, you’ll be contributing directly to the Born Free Foundation.
Is this for you?
If you have an interest in animal welfare and want to support a wildlife charity whilst discovering the romance of its history and the realism of its current work, you’ll find this safari enlightening and unforgettable.
- • Shaba: 1 night • Meru: 2 nights • Nairobi: 1 night • Amboseli: 2 nights
• A range of accommodation including authentic safari lodges and camps
• Born Free guide from Days 5-7
• Visits to Born Free projects
• Bottled water on safari
• Park fees
• A contribution to the Born Free Foundation
• Day room in Nairobi before your return flight
• Most meals – including some at local restaurants. Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner).
• Experience the work of the Amboseli Elephant Research Project
• Visit a school supported by Born Free
• Learn about lion-proof bomas
• Stay at the iconic properties of Elsa’s Kopje and Joy’s Camp, fundamental to the Born Free story
• Meet representatives from the Born Free Foundation
• Visit the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage.
Good to know
• Luggage must be in soft bags weighing a maximum of 15kg
• Maximum group size 8 passengers
• This safari will only operate with a minimum number of participants
• Minimum age 16 years.
What to expect?
• A combination of education and enjoyment
• A long drive on arrival to take you straight to the heart of Born Free country
• The first couple of days relaxing in properties rich in Born Free history
• The latter half of the tour providing an up-close insight into the works of Born Free.
2015 Jul 19; Aug 09; Sep 06; Oct 11