GMT +1 hour
Art, history and mouth-watering cuisine
Italy holidays are enchanting. Stay in a luxurious hotel, farmhouse or castle, take a grand train journey through unforgettable scenery or drive through gorgeous countryside. Choose to visit beautiful Sorrento, gateway to the spectacular Amalfi Coast, journey to the tranquil shores of stunning Lake Garda or discover the classic sights of romantic Venice.
Italy Holiday Highlights
• Relax on the impossibly romantic shores of Lake Garda which sits in the foothills of the majestic Dolomites and offers breathtaking views, charming restaurants and gorgeous trails for walking and mountain-biking.
• Visit Florence - the driving force of the Renaissance, which created a heartbreakingly beautiful city boasting an abundance of cultural treasures.
• Admire the beauty of ancient Rome, from the dramatic Colosseum to the peaceful Palatine during your holiday in Italy.
• The city of Matera in Basilicata is beautifully carved out of the white rocky cliffs. Wander around the underground labyrinth of streets and churches, and discover the region’s incredible caves.
• Visit the Neapolitan Riviera and enjoy breathtaking views along the Amalfi Drive, cruising up a slender ribbon road along jagged cliffs zig-zagging into the clouds.
• Glide by gondola down the Grand Canal in the iconic city of Venice - a perfect mosaic of islands linked by an intricate network of canals.
• Discover the Small Resorts of the Riviera and roam the impossibly romantic and resplendent gardens of Villa Cimbrone in Ravello, described by Gore Vidal as ‘the most beautiful view in the world’.
• Explore the picturesque town of Alberobello in Puglia which appears to have sprung out of the pages of a fairytale book and is famous for the distinctive conical roofs of the white-washed Trulli houses that pepper the pretty landscape.
• Whilst visiting Rural Tuscany, secure tickets to Palio in Siena – the most famous bareback horserace in history – where the riders and their steeds strut past the crowds in colourful finery.
• Explore the Old Town and charming castles of Sardinia's historic capital city Cagliari and watch a sea of pink flamingos feed in the surrounding marshes.
• Experience one of Italy's oldest folklore displays with the famous Festa di Ceri in Gubbio, Umbria. Watch men run down uneven steep streets with enormous wobbling saints’ heads.
Italy Tours, Rail, Self-Drives & Multi-Centre Holidays
See more of this fascinating country by combining several exciting destinations, traverse spectacular landscapes on one of our rail journeys or choose your favourite region and discover its fabulous highlights with one of our magical tours or self-drives:
• Italy multi-centre holidays
• Italy rail
• Italy car hire
All of our Italy hotels make for fabulous honeymoon settings, but we have specially labelled a few of our favourite, most romantic hotels and retreats that we think make the most perfect settings for your dream honeymoon in Italy.
Getting married in Italy is a romantic and memorable way to tie the knot. An exciting nation of fun, food and fashion, few places in the world can claim such a heritage of style as well as classical history, grandstand scenery and sensational hospitality.
Italy is also host to some of the world’s finest hotels and resorts offering sumptuous indulgences including world class dining and the most sublime spas.
We have put together a selection of wedding packages in Italy, ranging from the sedate tranquillity of the Italian Lakes to the magical Amalfi Coast, historic Rome and also the ultimate romantic destinations of Venice or Verona. Call our dedicated weddings team to organise your dream Italian wedding with Kuoni on 01306 747002.
Kuoni Exclusive Italy Hotels
We have specially selected some of our favourite resorts and made them exclusive to Kuoni customers in the UK. These resorts also rate amongst the most consistently recommended hotels on Trip Advisor. In Italy, we are exclusively featuring The Ashbee Hotel.
Italy Tailor Made
Our experienced Personal Travel Experts are waiting to tailor make your dream Italy holiday. We can combine your choice of flights and destinations, hotels and experiences as your bespoke trip springs to life. Simply:
Recommended Italy Hotels
5 nights, Room & Breakfast, 20 Oct '14
5 nights, Room & Breakfast, 16 Jul '14
5 nights, Room & Breakfast, 14 Oct '14
5 nights, Room & Breakfast, 28 Apr '14
Italy Holiday Types
Family holidays in Italy
Italy is home to some of the most picturesque countryside in Europe, a spectacular coastline boastin...
Honeymoon in Italy
Italy is the romantic capital of the world, with its enchanting cities, breathtaking coasts, dazzlin...
Mesmerising scenery, fascinating history and enchanting cities – Italy delivers an impossibly romant...
Italy exclusive hotels
We have specially selected some of our favourite resorts and made them exclusive to Kuoni customers...