GMT +1 hour
Explore the romantic floating city
Lying in northeast Italy in the lush Veneto region, timeless Venice is a floating city of opera, melodrama, tragedy and comedy that has been the gateway to the Orient for hundreds of years.
Venice is one of the most beautiful cities you can visit. Walking along the canals and heading off the beaten track visiting the little canal streets are all part of the fun. No visit to Venice would be complete without a boat ride on the gondola. You are taken down the many canals and pass some wonderful sites, seeing the everyday life of Venice as you glide by – what a wonderful way to travel! St Mark’ Square is the main centre point of Venice where a lot is going on and where you can visit the Doge Palace and also St Mark’s Basilllica. It is also worth a visit up the clock tower where you get some stunning views of Venice and the surrounding areas.
Clare Sweatman, Finance
One of the world's few truly unique cities, in romantic Venice you can glide through narrow canal streets on a gondola, admiring ornate bridges and breathtaking architecture that spans centuries, such as renaissance-style St Mark’s Square.
Choose from wide a selection of Venice offers.
Venice Holiday Highlights
• Admire the beautiful palaces and churches dotted along the canals.
• Cruise down the Grand Canal, starting from Piazzale Roma and meandering all the way to St Mark’s Square. Back on foot, explore an intricate maze of alleyways and squares.
• Visit Venice Lido, a long spit of land with an eight-mile beach that attracts poets and high society and hosts the annual Film Festival. Here you can swim, visit the casino and dine in trendy cafés and restaurants.
Romantic Venice is the ultimate wedding destination, visit our dedicated Italian Wedding pages for details and call our dedicated weddings team to organise your dream Italian wedding package with Kuoni.
Italy Tailor Made
Our experienced Personal Travel Experts are waiting to tailor make your dream Italy holiday. We can combine your choice of flights and destinations, hotels and experiences as your bespoke trip springs to life. Simply:
• Look through our online portfolio or request your free copy of our Italy brochure
• Give us a call on 01306 747002