GMT +1 hour
A pretty clifftop town with rolling hills and gorgeous views
The gorgeous town of Sorrento is perched atop rocky cliffs on a beautiful headland and boasts breathtaking views over the Gulf of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. Breathe in the fresh fragrant air that drifts across rolling hills from the clusters of orange and lemon groves and explore the old town's winding maze of narrow cobbled alleyways.
Best time to visit Sorrento
April to October is the ideal time to visit Sorrento as the days are brighter and enjoy more sunshine. From November to March, beaches and outdoor pools are not operational.
Sorrento holiday highlights
Sip an Italian coffee at one of the many bustling pavement cafés and watch the world go by or feast on sumptuous local dishes whilst drinking in panoramic bay views.
Sorrento Holiday Highlights
• The pretty park of Villa Comunale is blooming with colourful flowers and offers spectacular coastal views.
• The annual Sorrento Film Festival attracts thousands of film fans every November.
• Visit one of the town's most famous landmarks - Duomo Cathedral - which boasts historic frescoes and paintings.
• Don't miss a visit to nearby Pompeii, the famous Roman town destroyed by Vesuvius in AD 79 which has been remarkably preserved.
Italy Tailor Made
At Kuoni we have made it incredibly easy for you to tailormake a holiday to your exact requirements, choosing different cities and resorts and combining different numbers of nights and hotels. You can even tailormake your holiday adding tours and different countries.
• Please call our Personal Travel Experts on 01306 747002.
• Email for an online quote.
• Request a copy of our Italy brochure.
Recommended Sorrento Hotels
5 nights, Dinner & Breakfast, 11 Oct '16
5 nights, Room & Breakfast, 01 Nov '16
5 nights, Dinner & Breakfast, 30 Sep '16
5 nights, Room & Breakfast, 26 Oct '16