GMT + 1 hour
Enchanting, romantic resort with many charming towns
Lake Garda is the eastern most and largest of the lakes stretching from the plains towards the Dolomites. Lake Garda's romantic shores have inspired poets and painters since the Roman era. The palatial hotels, exotically palm tree lined esplanades and slender cypress and lemon groves have long given this enchanting place a Mediterranean holiday feel.
Lake Garda Highlights
• Experience the romance and enchantment of an incredible city, tied in with the elegance and sophistication of the lakes with our Lake Garda, Verona & Venice multi-centre.
• Sirmione is a picturesque town on the shores of Lake Garda with thermal springs, Roman ruins, medieval streets and the fairytale castle of Rocca Scaligera
• Malcesine is pretty, atmospheric and a charming, a maze of historic alleys. Climb the great towers of the castle and take the cable-car to the summit of the Monte Baldo ridge, where the air is fresh and the views are stupendous.
• Maderno has one of the finest beaches on Lake Garda, and excellent car connections to resorts along the lake.
• Walk past the villa where Maria Callas lived to reach the magnificent ruins of Grotte di Catullo in Sirmione.
• The lake is the perfect temperature in the summer for a host of activities including windsurfing, fishing and sailing.
• Spend a lazy day soaking in the therapeutic waters of Parco Termale del Garda, the thermal park.
• Combine a visit to the canal city of Venice with a stay on the romantic shores of spectacular lake Garda with our Venice & Lake Garda multi-centre.
Lake Garda Honeymoons
Experience a picturesque honeymoon in Lake Garda, the largest of the lakes and home to some of the most romantic resorts and hotels. Indulge in exquisite Italian food and hospitality for a beautiful honeymoon of sheer opulence and with memories that will last a lifetime.
Lake Garda Weddings
Getting married in the Italian Lakes is a romantic and memorable way to tie the knot. Visit our dedicated Italian Wedding pages for details and call our dedicated weddings team to organise your dream Italian wedding package with Kuoni.
Italy Tailor Made
At Kuoni our Personal Travel Experts can help you tailor make your dream holiday, mixing and matching flights, destinations, hotels and experiences to create a unique Italian break. Simply:
• Call us on 01306 747002 to go through your options
• Email us for an online quote
• Request a copy of our alluring Italy brochure
Recommended Lake Garda Hotels
I was surprised at the varied activities available around Lake Garda, theme parks: hill walking, cable car rides and water parks to name a few. Any lovers of Italian food will not be disappointed, the number of traditional restaurants are numerous serving your favourite pasta dishes, pizzas and not forgetting the famous Italian ice creams.
Getting around is easy with public transport or relax like the locals by strolling along the waters of the lake. Shoppers will be kept busy with local village markets and stylish boutiques with leather goods and designer labels.