A recently-introduced route for Star Clippers, this eastbound cruise around Indonesia's spectacular islands takes in small islets, extinct volcanoes and endemic wildlife species. You can combine this seven night cruise with either some time in Singapore, on a relaxing Bali beach break or perhaps both...
• Benoa, Bali
• Gili Kondo, Lombok
• Komodo National Park, Komodo
• Pink Beach, Komodo
• Satonda Island
• Gili Meno & Gili Trawangan, Lombok
• Gili Naggu, Lombok
• Benoa, Bali
Komodo National Park A real highlight of the cruise is the opportunity to see the incredible Komodo dragons that call the island of Komodo home. Located in the Lesser Sundra group, this volcanic island is one of the New7Wonders of Nature due to its population of endemic lizards – the largest lizard species on earth – and the rich marine biodiversity in the surrounding waters. Later the ship will anchor off Pink Beach named for its pink-hued sands which are caused by the tiny single-celled marine insects called foraminifera.
The Gilis The beautiful Gilis, which are located to the east of Lombok, are made up of three islands – Gili Air, Gili Meno and Gili Trawangan – the latter two of which you will visit during this itinerary. Famed for their laid-back atmosphere and incredible dive sites, these islands are a joy to explore. Next up is Gili Banggu which is situated off the south west coast of Lombok. Here there's little more to do than lie on the beach, swim or explore the underwater world.
Post-cruise Bali At seven nights in length, this cruise is easily added to a longer Indonesian holiday. We highly recommend some time on a Balinese beach after you disembark. You can choose from our collection of hand-picked resorts on the coast, or head inland to Ubud – or perhaps even combine the two.
Good to know
• Shore excursions are not included in the price of your cruise. Available excursions are bookable on board and payable locally
• Tips are not included and are at your discretion.
What to expect
• During the day the dress code is very relaxed
• For gentlemen, long trousers are required at dinner but formal shirts are not compulsory in the evening – casual elegance is the order of the day on board.
• The cruise season in Indonesia runs from May to October; there are 2017 dates available, speak to a Personal Travel Expert to tailor make your stay and cruise holiday • This cruise itinerary is 7 nights in length. We recommend spending spending a few nights in Singapore en route to Bali before your cruise and perhaps some time on the beach once you've disembarked.
Tailor made cruises
We hope this hand-picked itinerary will provide you with some inspiration of how you can tailor make your stay and cruise holiday. The land-based section of your holiday – whether pre or post-cruise – is fully flexible allowing you to choose where you stay, for how long and the adventures you will have while you are there. Please speak to a Personal Travel Expert who will help you create your perfect itinerary.