Depart from Bali and sail westwards around the beautiful islands of Indonesia with Star Clippers. Board the striking tall ship Star Clipper in her newest destination and visit the islands of Gili Genting, Java, Lombok and Gili Sudak.
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Benoa, Bali
• East Madura/Giligenteng Island
• Probolinggo, Java
• Lovina Beach, Bali
• Carik, Lombok
• Senggigi Beach, Lombok
• Gili Sudak, Lombok
• Beach stay, Bali
Travel under sail The graceful four-masted sailing vessel Star Clipper harks back to a bygone era with its exquisite exteriors, expansive teak-wood decks and antique interiors. These traditional touches are perfectly complemented by modern amenities and comfortable accommodation. You’ll sail into small ports and anchor close to unspoilt shores, all of which adds an air of exclusivity to your cruise.
Probolinggo, Java From a small island to a large fishing port, one of the itinerary's highlights is the port city of Probolinggo which is located on the coast of Java – the fifth largest island in Indonesia. The city is a gateway to the breathtaking Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park, home to the active volcanoes of Mount Semeru, which erupts every 20 minutes, and Mount Bromo.
Post-cruise Bali At seven nights in length, this cruise is easily added to a longer Indonesian holiday. We highly recommend some time on a Balinese beach after you disembark. You can choose from our collection of hand-picked resorts on the coast, or head inland to Ubud – or perhaps even combine the two.
Good to know
• Shore excursions are not included in the price of your cruise. Available excursions are bookable on board and payable locally
• Tips are not included and are at your discretion.
What to expect
• During the day the dress code is very relaxed
• For gentlemen, long trousers are required at dinner but formal shirts are not compulsory in the evening – casual elegance is the order of the day on board.
• The cruise season in Indonesia runs from May to September; there are 2017 dates available, speak to a Personal Travel Expert to tailor make your stay and cruise holiday • This cruise itinerary is 7 nights in length. We recommend spending a few nights in Singapore or Kuala Lumpur en route to Bali and perhaps some time on the beach once you've disembarked.
Tailor made cruises
We hope this hand-picked itinerary will provide you with some inspiration of how you can tailor make your stay and cruise holiday. The land-based section of your holiday – whether pre or post-cruise – is fully flexible allowing you to choose where you stay, for how long and the adventures you will have while you are there. Please speak to a Personal Travel Expert who will help you create your perfect itinerary.