Discover India's marvellous wildlife
India's National Parks are epic in size, consistently beautiful and home to a terrific array of magnificent wildlife - including the iconic Bengal tiger. The number of parks and sanctuaries throughout the country reflect the importance of protecting endangered wildlife species, which is now a major focus in India. The opportunity to see a tiger in the wild is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and although sightings are not guaranteed, you will have to opportunity to witness some beautiful landscapes while you seek out these elusive creatures.
- You can visit any number of parks either on an escorted tour, on a short tour or as part of a private tailor made tour of India
- Game drives are typically three hours in duration in either shared twenty-seat ‘canters’ (a kind of high-sided open-top minibus) or six-seat jeeps, which are available at a supplement
- Periyar is Southern India’s premier wildlife park and wildlife sanctuary, renowned for its large Indian elephant population
- Ranthambore National Park is the most famous of India’s parks and is easily combined with a tour of the Golden Triangle
- Beautiful Bandhavgarh National Park has one of the highest population densities of tigers in the country so well worth a visit if you want to increase your chances of a sighting
India Wildlife Parks holiday highlights
We've crafted a selection of fabulous itineraries that enable intrepid travellers to discover the best of India’s natural attractions and experience the magic that inspired Kipling. All itineraries include flights, accommodation and private car and driver. For the ultimate journey through the heart of wild India, join our fantastic Temple, Tiger & Taj escorted small group tour to discover Rantahmbore National Park's incredible wildlife along with some of India's cultural highlights. Or you might prefer our Ranthambore National Park Short Tour for a more immersive experience with morning and evening game drives in India's most prestigious national park.