GMT + 2 hours
Explore the historic sights and island delights of Greece
Blessed with an ancient city and scattering of picture-perfect islands, Greece offers guests rich history, beautiful beaches and fine cuisine.
- Halkidiki is a great option for family holidays - the hotels here have excellent family facilities
- For luxury that's a bit more off the beaten track, head to the Peleponnese
- Mykonos is one of the smaller Cyclades islands - the epitome of style and island elegance
- Santorini is the stuff of picture-postcard Greek perfection with its whitewashed villages and spectacular seaviews
- We have Five Star luxury to suit every taste on the islands of Crete and Rhodes
Best time to visit Greece
The climate is fundamentally Mediterranean with long hot sunny days often from April through to the end of September, and pleasant, warm evenings. The water is warm until mid-November, however, the rainy season begins mid-October. Mykonos – in particular the north of the island – can be very windy in the spring and summer months, resulting in slightly cooler temperatures.
Greece holiday highlights
Greece’s mainland offers unspoilt sweeping coasts and a host of delightful resorts drenched in history. With its three peninsulas and miles of beautiful coastline, Halkidiki has an island feel and boasts stylish resorts offering sublime service and sumptuous facilities that are great for all the family. The untouched beauty of Messinia in the southwest Peloponnese is complemented by crumbling castles, picturesque coves and fertile valleys.
Offshore, the enchanting Greek Islands brim with beauty. Ancient ruins lie beside cerulean seas, and plush hotels are fringed by sun-bleached sands. From epicurean Mykonos’ glamorous hotels and indulgent boutiques to the stunning natural attractions of volcanic Santorini; the architectural delights of medieval Rhodes to the creamy white beaches and legendary ruins of Crete, these enchanting islands all offer something special. If you can’t sit still there are watersports and fascinating sites to explore – but if relaxing on soft sands, sipping cocktails and witnessing mesmerising sunsets are your idea of a perfect day, then that’s just fine here, too.