GMT +2 hours
Historic sights and characterful islands with a view
Beautiful Greece, with its enchanting mainland and picture-perfect islands, offers its visitors an insight into a rich history, glorious beaches and fine local cuisine.
- Halkidiki is a great option for family holidays - its hotels have excellent family facilities
- For luxury that's a bit more off the beaten track, head to the Peleponnese
- Mykonos is one of the smaller Cyclades islands - the epitome of style and elegance
- Santorini is the stuff of picture-postcard Greek perfection with its whitewashed villages and spectacular seaviews
- We have five star luxury to suit every taste on the islands of Crete and Rhodes
Best time to visit Greece
• The climate is fundamentally Mediterranean with long hot sunny days often from April through to the end of September, and pleasant, warm evenings
• The water is warm until mid-November, however, the rainy season begins mid-October
• Mykonos – in particular the north of the island – can be very windy in the spring and summer months, resulting in slightly cooler temperatures.
Greece holiday highlights
On Greece's mainland you'll find sweeping coastlines and delightful villages full of character and drenched in history. With its three peninsulas and miles of beautiful beaches, Halkidiki has an island feel and is home to stylish resorts with impressive facilities that are great for all the family. A little further off the beaten track, Messinia in the scenic south-west Peloponnese hosts crumbling castles, unspoilt coves and valleys dotted with lakes and waterfalls.
Offshore, the Greek Islands brim with beauty. From Mykonos’ glamorous hotels to the dramatic views found on picture-perfect Santorini; the architectural delights of medieval Rhodes to the creamy white beaches and legendary ruins of Crete, these enchanting islands all offer something special. If you can't sit still there are watersports and fascinating sites to explore – but if relaxing on soft sands, sipping cocktails and watching mesmerising sunsets are your idea of a perfect day, then that’s just fine here, too.