In September 2013 this tour will become 'Costa Rican Explorer'.
Set between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, Costa Rica offers luxuriant tropical rainforests, steaming volcanoes, delightful beaches and an incredible diversity of wildlife. Our tour takes you to explore the contrasting highlights of this naturalist’s paradise.
- • San José: 1 night • Tortuguero: 2 nights • Sarapiqui: 2 nights • La Fortuna: 2 nights • Monteverde: 2 nights • San José: 1 night
Accommodation on tour
• Hotels are of at least a Three Star standard. All have been selected for their fabulous locations.
• On occasion, the itinerary may be operated in a different order. Similar hotels or lodges to those listed may be substituted according to availability.
Meals on tour
Prices include breakfast daily, lunch on Days 1-3 and 6 and dinner on Days 1, 2 and 8. Breakfast in included daily in Manuel Antonio and Tamarindo. In Corcovado breakfast is included daily and lunch on Days 11-14 and dinner on Days 11-13.
The Costa Rican Explorer is escorted by a local guide from Day 2 to Day 10. Extensions are not escorted but assistance is provided in each destination by our local representatives.
You can also upgrade to a private tour with the same itinerary, departing daily on request. Please call for details.
Why not upgrade to enjoy a private tour of the Highlights of Costa Rica for a supplement (minimum of 2 passengers). Please contact us for details.
Good to know
• Maximum 24 passengers.
• Subject to minimum number of passengers, please call for details.
• Tipping is expected in Costa Rica. We recommend you tip your driver and guide at the end of your tour.
• Visitors between July and September may have the opportunity to view green turtles as they lay their eggs on the beaches of Tortuguero (this is a separate tour which is available at an extra cost).
• The luggage allowance is 12kg when travelling to Tortuguero due to boat transfer.
• May 31
Departures after September 2013 operate under the new name 'Costa Rican Explorer'