Highlights Of China
Iconic images of China such as the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace and the Terracotta Warriors are complemented by the futuristic city of Shanghai and the beguiling natural beauty that envelops Guilin. This small group tour takes in all the key sights of China, and with plenty of time at leisure it is ideal for first time visitors.
Is this for you?
A real first timers experience with just key cities and there sights covered. Train travel is also included giving a flavour of modern China.
- • Beijing: 3 nights • Xi’an: 2 nights • Guilin: 2 nights • Shanghai: 2 nights
2015 Sep 5, 26; Oct 24
2016 Mar 12; Apr 09, 16; May 07‡; Jun 11; Aug 06; Sep 03, 17; Oct 15; Dec 03
‡ Themed itinerary
• 4 Star hand-picked hotels
• A local tour guide
• Welcome and farewell dinners
• Entrance fees
• Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
• One soft drink per meal
• All specified flights.
• Temple of Heaven in the early morning
• Welcome Peking duck dinner
• High speed train from Beijing to Chengdu
• Tian’anmen Square
• Bird & Flower Market, Guilin
• Beautiful Guilin
• A quiet section of the Great Wall of China.
Upgrade your tour
Upgrade to a private tour (with local guide only) with the same itinerary departing on the day of your choice (subject to cruise schedule) at a supplement.
This tour is designed to allow for some free time to explore of take some optional excursions at extra cost.
Day 3 Hutong tour by rickshaw including dinner and Tianamen Square by night
Day 4 Kung Fu show
Day 6 Tang Dynasty dinner and show
Day 7 Cormorant fishing
Day 9 Acrobatic show at ERA
Day 10 Evening cruise on Huangpu River.
Good to know
• For guests over the age of 16
• A maximum of 14 guests
• Average group size of 6 guests
• This tour will only operate with a minimum number of participants, please call for details
• Vegetarian diets cannot be adequately provided for in China
• Your guide will collect money for tips at the beginning of the tour to tip as you go along. This money does not include a tip for your guide.
Tai Chi developed in ancient China and started out as a martial art and a means of self-defense. On this themed tour you will have an introduction to the art at the Temple of Heaven in Beijing. You will then take what you learnt to your following sessions at the Small Goose Pagoda in Xi'an and in a park in the beautiful city of Yangshuo, which is located to the south of Guilin.