Highlights Of China
Iconic images of China, the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Terracotta Warriors are complemented by the futuristic city of Shanghai and the beguiling natural beauty that envelops Guilin. This leisurely tour takes in all the key sights of China, with plenty of time at leisure, ideal for first time visitors.
Is this for you?
A real first timers experience with just key sights/key cities covered. Train travel is also included giving a flavour of modern China.
- • Beijing: 3 nights • Xi’an: 2 nights • Guilin: 2 nights • Shanghai: 2 nights
• 4 Star hand-picked hotels
• International and domestic flights and transfers
• A local tour guide
• Welcome and farewell dinners
• Entrance fees
• Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner).
• Temple of Heaven in the early morning
• Tian’anmen Square
• Bird & Flower Market
• Beautiful Guilin
• The Great Wall of China.
Upgrade your tour
Upgrade to a private tour (with local guide only) with the same itinerary departing on the day of your choice (subject to cruise schedule) at a supplement.
Optional Excursions This tour is designed to allow for some free time to explore of take some optional excursions at extra cost.
Day 2 Hutong tour by rickshaw including dinner and Tianamen Square by night.
Day 3 Kung Fu show
Day 5 Tang Dynasty dinner and show.
Good to know
• For guests over the age of 16
• A maximum of 14 guests
• Average group size of 6 guests
• This tour will only operate with a minimum number of participants, please call for details
• Vegetarian diets cannot be adequately provided for in China
• Your guide will collect money for tips at the beginning of the tour to tip as you go along. This money does not include a tip for your guide.
Tai Chi – 23 May
Tai Chi developed in ancient China and started out as a martial art and a means of self-defense. Over time, people began to use it for health purposes as well and today, Tai Chi is one of the popular morning exercise is practiced by local people at the parks every day. During this tour you will have multiple opportunities to learn and practise your Tai Chi.
Mar 21; Apr 11, 25; May 23*‡; Jun 13; Sep 5, 26; Oct 24
‡ Themed itinerary
* Guaranteed departure