Feel the Caribbean vibes soothe your soul as you relax upon the inviting sands of Barbados before your cruise through some of the Caribbean's most idyllic islands with Star Clippers. From Barbados, head north-west to the beautiful volcanic island of Saint Lucia before heading further north to the unspoilt beauty of Dominica. Glide on to Antigua and St Kitts before returning to Barbados for a short stay, via the charming island of Martinique.
• Bridgetown, Barbados
• Rodney Bay, Saint Lucia
• Cabrits, Dominica
• Falmouth Harbour, Antigua
• Basseterre, St Kitts
• South Friar's Bay, St Kitts
• Terre De Haut, Iles des Saintes
• Bridgetown, Barbados
Beautiful Barbados Your holiday begins with a relaxing stay on the Lesser Antilles island of Barbados. You can stay at the hotel of your choice, either on the upmarket west coast or the livelier south coast. Your time here is free to embrace the laid-back island life on the beautiful beaches and in the azure waters or explore the historic sites and perhaps visit the rugged, untouched east coast.
Cabrits, Dominica Today there will be a unique chance for you to see Dominica, the ‘Nature Island of the Caribbean’ - a ruggedly beautiful island with dense jungle interior interspersed with rivers, waterfalls and deep valleys. This is a fantastic opportunity to get off the Caribbean's beaten track and beyond the beach. The Royal Clipper will dock in Cabrits, which is home to an 18th Century British fort, one of the most important historic sites in the Caribbean. While in Dominica you can choose between a number of optional excursions, either active or cultural, or choose to explore the historic fort independently.
Special Royal Clipper moments Each evening's 'sail away' is a very special experience. You can watch the crew raise the sails to Vangelis' Conquest of Paradise. If you fancy learning the ropes then you’re welcome to get involved with raising the sails or turning the huge oak wheel – a Royal Clipper cruise is a truly immersive experience. We highly recommend spending some time on the bowsprit nets at the very front of the ship when under sail. You may even be lucky enough to spot dolphins.
Good to know
• Shore excursions are not included in the price of your cruise. Available excursions are bookable on board and payable locally
• Tips are not included and are at your discretion.
What to expect
• During the day the dress code is very relaxed
• For gentlemen, long trousers are required at dinner but formal shirts are not compulsory in the evening – casual elegance is the order of the day on board.
• The Royal Clipper sails the Caribbean between December and March; 2017 and 2018 dates are available. Please speak to a Personal Travel Expert who'll help you create your Caribbean stay and cruise holiday • Royal Clipper cruises are 7-nights in duration; we recommend spending at least three nights in Barbados prior to your cruise.
Tailor made cruises
We hope this hand-picked itinerary will provide you with some inspiration of how you can tailor make your stay and cruise holiday. The land-based section of your holiday – whether pre or post-cruise – is fully flexible allowing you to choose where you stay, for how long and the adventures you will have while you are there. Please speak to a Personal Travel Expert who will help you create your perfect itinerary.