Start your Caribbean cruise with a short stay in charming Barbados, a paradise of laid-back locals and tropical cuisine. Once aboard, lie back and unwind as you make your way south through the Grenadines, a chain of over 600 idyllic islands scattered across the ocean, to Grenada with Star Clippers. From here you'll visit the volcanic island of St Vincent, revel in the French charms of Martinique and gaze up at the lush twin pitons of St Lucia before returning to the relaxed island vibes of Barbados.
• Bridgetown, Barbados
• Grenadine Islands
• St George's, Grenada
• Tobago Cays, Grenadine Islands
• Kingstown, St Vincent
• Admiralty Bay, Bequia
• Fort de France & beach stop, Martinique
• Marigot Bay & Soufriere, St Lucia
• Bridgetown, Barbados
Beautiful Barbados Your holiday begins with a relaxing stay on the Lesser Antilles island of Barbados. You can stay at the hotel of your choice, either on the upmarket west coast or the livelier south coast. Your time here is free to embrace the laid-back island life on the beautiful beaches and in the azure waters or explore the historic sites and perhaps visit the rugged, untouched east coast.
The Grenadines This wonderful Caribbean cruise itinerary includes two visits to the breathtaking islands of the Grenadines. The first port of call is the choice of the captain, and it's likely you'll be heading to a largely untouched island for a relaxing beach day. Two days later, following a visit to the Spice Island of Grenada, you'll anchor off the tiny, uninhabited islets that make up Tobago Cays... a real desert island paradise. The snorkelling here is incredible and you can spend time between the water and the white-sand beach.
Special Royal Clipper moments Each evening's 'sail away' is a very special experience. You can watch the crew raise the sails to Vangelis' Conquest of Paradise. If you fancy learning the ropes then you’re welcome to get involved with raising the sails or turning the huge oak wheel – a Royal Clipper cruise is a truly immersive experience. We highly recommend spending some time on the bowsprit nets at the very front of the ship when under sail. You may even be lucky enough to spot dolphins.
Good to know
• Shore excursions are not included in the price of your cruise. Available excursions are bookable on board and payable locally
• Tips are not included and are at your discretion.
What to expect
• During the day the dress code is very relaxed
• For gentlemen, long trousers are required at dinner but formal shirts are not compulsory in the evening – casual elegance is the order of the day on board.
• The Royal Clipper sails the Caribbean between December and March; 2017 and 2018 dates are available. Please speak to a Personal Travel Expert who'll help you create your Caribbean stay and cruise holiday • Royal Clipper cruises are 7-nights in duration; we recommend spending at least three nights in Barbados prior to your cruise.
Tailor made cruises
We hope this hand-picked itinerary will provide you with some inspiration of how you can tailor make your stay and cruise holiday. The land-based section of your holiday – whether pre or post-cruise – is fully flexible allowing you to choose where you stay, for how long and the adventures you will have while you are there. Please speak to a Personal Travel Expert who will help you create your perfect itinerary.