Toronto, The 'Canadian' Train, Jasper National Park, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Kamloops, Vancouver
Discover this vast, spectacular country on this east to west coast rail journey that visits many of Canada’s natural wonders and passes through countless mesmerising landscapes. Your journey begins in the cosmopolitan city of Toronto and finishes in the stunning harbourside city of Vancouver. This comprehensive rail tour is the perfect introduction for the first time Canada visitor. Choose to upgrade your hotels and class of rail travel for the ultimate experience!
• City tour of Toronto
• Full day tour of Niagara Falls including a trip on the 'Maid of the Mist' boat
• Three nights on board the 'Canadian' train travelling through wheat fields, prairies and lakes
• Discover Jasper National Park - visit Maligne Canyon, cruise on Maligne Lake, take a tram ride or go whitewater rafting
• Be driven along one of the world's most picturesque roads from the Icefields Parkway to Banff
• Optional ride on the 'Ice Explorer' on Athabasca Glacier
• Explore the pretty village of Lake Louise including its train station made famous in Doctor Zhivago
• Tour of Banff National Park and its stunning scenery
• Journey on the famous Rocky Mountaineer to the Pacific Coast
• Hop on/off trolley ride sightseeing in Vancouver
• Sail through the Gulf Islands to Victoria on Vancouver Island
• Time at leisure in Vancouver
- • Toronto: 2 nights • The 'Canadian' Train: 3 nights • Jasper National Park: 2 nights • Lake Louise: 1 night • Banff National Park: 2 nights • Kamloops: 1 night • Vancouver: 3 nights
Trans Canadian Rail is escorted by a local guide on sightseeing excursions only.
Don’t forget you can tailor make your own rail tour around Canada or combine the Trans Canadian rail journey with a stay on board an Alaska cruise. This itinerary is also available in reverse. Please call for further details.
Good to know
Prices include breakfast on Day 4, 5, 6, 11 and Day 12; lunch on Day 3, 4, 5, 6, 11 and Day 12; dinner on Day 4 and Day 5.
Is available in a choice of 3 Star or 5 Star hotels, but in remote areas such as national parks or small towns this standard may not exist and accommodation may be simpler. Accommodation is in cabins onboard 'The Canadian', with a choice of Red, Silver or Gold Leaf on board the 'Rocky Mountaineer'. Hotels will be confirmed with final itineraries.
We recommend between 10-15% for waiting staff, barmen and guides and smaller amounts for doormen and porters.
No airport transfers are included in this itinerary.
• May 02, 05, 09, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
• Jun 02, 06, 09, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
• Jul 04, 07, 11, 14, 18, 21
• Aug 01, 04, 08, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
• Sep 01, 05, 08, 12