GMT -8 hours
Affectionately referred to by its initials BC, British Columbia is Canada’s western-most province… and it’s the one where the great outdoors is always calling. It’s not hard to see why this region is a firm favourite with nature lovers. Between its rugged coast and Pacific islands in the west to soaring peaks of the Rocky Mountains at its eastern edge, there are mountains, valleys, wildlife-rich forests and vast empty spaces. There’s also a few surprises here too; you’ll find the country’s second largest wine producing region, lesser known national parks and enchanted forests.
- Perfect for lovers of the outdoors, British Columbia is the setting for many adventures and activities including skiing, hiking, watersports and mountain biking.
- From whale watching from Vancouver or Vancouver Island to bear watching in Tofino or from Whistler, wildlife watching is one of, if not the most popular pastimes in BC.
- Thrill seekers will also love BC with zip lining, river rafting, mountain climbing and bungee jumping all on offer.
- Not only is the Okanagan a popular summer holiday destination, it’s also Canada’s second largest wine producing regions.
- For those who prefer cities over the country, multicultural Vancouver is a joy to explore with a compact downtown area and spectacular setting.