GMT +7 hours
Bask on white-sand beaches
Perhaps not at the forefront of your mind when envisaging beach destinations in South East Asia, Cambodia’s coast is growing in popularity and at the heart of this growth is Sihanoukville. A laid back, idyllic beach location on the southern shores of Cambodia, it is perfect for a relaxing break mid-touring Indochina, or at the end of an exhilarating journey through fascinating Cambodia.
- The beach resort is easily accessed from Siem Reap by direct flight or a three hour transfer
- For a Sihanoukville’s liveliest atmosphere, especially at night head to Serendipity Beach, while Ocheteaul Beach to the south becomes quieter the further south you head
- Although developing a steady pace Otres Beach is still one of the quietest of Sihanoukville’s beaches. Head here for watersports and laid-back bars
- To completely get away from it all we highly recommend a stay at the Song Saa Private Island resort, which is set off the coast
Top hotels in Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville holiday highlights
Sihanoukville Holiday Highlights
• Unwind and soak up the sun on pristine white-sand beaches.
• Hit the sparkling sea for scuba diving, swimming, snorkelling and fishing.
• Dine in fantastic restaurants, sip cocktails in bars and try your luck in one of the casinos.
• Take a day trip to a nearby fishing village or national park, or visit one of the nearby islands.