GMT + 8 hours
Pristine rainforest and cultural treasures
Set on the northern coast of Borneo, this tiny sovereign country occupies less than 1% of the island’s land area but is one of the world's wealthiest countries. Brunei's lavish royal palace and gleaming mosques with their soaring marble minarets and golden domes reflect the opulence of this sultanate which is blessed with an abundance of natural resources.
Dubbed the 'Green Heart of Borneo', this independent nation is an undiscovered natural paradise, home to beautifully preserved tropical rainforest, mangrove swamps, waterfalls and a plethora of exotic flora and fauna. Rolling mists rise from meandering rivers and shroud emerald-clad hills and unspoiled jungle that is home to colourful butterflies and tiger orchids; snakes and lizards; gibbons and proboscis monkeys; as well as hundreds of bird species.
Ulu Temburong National Park lies beyond the Malaysian state of Sarawak and is less than an hour by boat from the capital, Bandar Seri Begawan. This protected park boasts one of the world's longest canopy walkways and offers a breathtaking view of the untouched landscape. Hiking, mountain biking and rafting are all fantastic ways to explore this stunning region.
Brunei Holiday Highlights
• See the spectacular Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque illuminated at night.
• Hire a boat to explore Kampong Ayer, the world's largest water village.
• Admire the beautiful architecture of Bandar Seri Begawan's striking mosques.
• Discover the Sultan’s dazzling collection of treasures - from jewel-encrusted crowns to a royal chariot - at the Royal Regalia Museum.
• Enjoy an exhilarating ride along the roaring rapids of Temburong River.
• Explore Ulu Temburong National Park’s waterways by traditional longboat.
• Visit Istana Nurul Iman Palace – the resplendent home of the Sultan and the world’s largest residential palace.
• Discover the rural beauty of Tutong - home to deserted beaches, a cultural village and 15th Century burial grounds.
• Rise early to enjoy a magical sunrise from the unique treetop position of Temburong National Park’s canopy walkway.
A stay in Brunei can easily be combined with a Malaysia holiday and it also makes an ideal stopover en route to Australia. Simply:
• Give us a call on 0844 488 0936 to arrange your dream Brunei trip
• Or email us for a quotation