GMT +2 hours
Magical experiences await you on your Botswana Safari Holiday
Out-of-this-world game viewing, mesmerising landscapes and a wide range of camps and lodges – Botswana offers some of the finest safari experiences in all of Africa. Home of the great Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park and the Makgadikgadi Pans, exploration is at its finest by mokoro – a traditional canoe – or by light aircraft, offering the ultimate in style, comfort and convenience. Ideal for those seeking more than the big five –
head off the beaten track on a variety of tours available.
Best time to visit
• The best time to travel to Botswana is March to November when rainfall is at a minimum and days are cooler.
• Early mornings and evenings are cool.
Discover the Okavango Delta, one of Africa’s great natural wonders, exploring a maze of lagoons in a traditional mokoro canoe. After an amazing day, stay in one of our mobile camps and sleep in the wilderness, sharing stories around the campfire under a magical star-lit sky.
Botswana Holiday Highlights
• Cruise through the breathtaking Okavango Delta, a plethora of meandering waterways punctuated by lagoons and reed beds, catching glimpses of hippos and crocodiles.
• Spot herds of elephants drinking and splashing around on the banks of the Chobe River in Chobe National Park. Other game spread across this popular game reserve includes lions, cheetahs, wild dogs, zebras and hippos.
Botswana - The Essentials
• If visiting local villages, a long skirt or trousers and longer sleeves are recommended.
• During game viewing wear neutral colours and bring layers for the cooler mornings; binoculars are a must.
• Due to the use of mobile camps, extra batteries are a must as electricity for charging items may not always be available.
The Okavango Delta is one of the world’s largest inland water systems, covering approx. 6,000 square miles during peak season. It takes almost nine months for the water to make its journey from the Angolan rains to the bottom of the Delta, creating a plethora of waterways weaving between islands.
Botswana Tailor Made
Our safaris to Botswana can be combined with visits to Zambia and beach extensions to the idyllic Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. To tailor make your perfect Botswana holiday, simply:
• Browse our online portfolio or request your free copy of our Africa brochure
• Give us a call on 0844 488 0231
Travelling through Botswana really feels like you are part of a little shared secret - it is a true untouched wilderness.
The highlight of our trip was a scenic light aircraft flight from Maun out over the Delta - seeing huge herds of elephants and wildebeest from above was a true once in a lifetime moment.