GMT +10 Hours
Beautiful coastlines and rural splendour
The remarkable number of easily accessible attractions in Victoria make it an essential stop in a tour of the country's highlights, or well worth a holiday in its own right. Victoria is home to the Great Ocean Road - one of the world's most spectacular coastal drives, winding through 300km of rugged scenery past the imposing Twelve Apostles rock columns, and the rainforests, waterfalls and walking trails of the Otway range.
See a range of wildlife from penguins to wombats, indulge in a full day's wine tasting, and step back in time to the heady days of the gold rush. Australia’s culture and shopping capital, Melbourne is Victoria's main city - an eclectic mix of old and new, where leafy boulevards and old-fashioned trams live side by side with rocking festivals, bustling Federation Square, eclectic bars and the hippest boutiques.
Top Melbourne experiences
• Soak up history, culture and chaos at the huge open-air Queen Victoria Market
• Visit Ramsay Street (real name: Pin Oak Court) on a Neighbours tour
• Watch an Aussie Rules or cricket match at the MCG Stadium
• Cycle along the seashore at the beachside suburb of St Kilda
• Wine and dine on the bustling Southbank.
Regional Victoria highlights
• Phillip Island is the venue for one of nature's most charming and memorable spectacles - the 'penguin parade'
• The Yarra Valley, Victoria's premier wine region, offering cellar tastings of world famous wines in breathtaking surroundings - and excellent hot air balloon rides
• The Great Ocean Road makes for gloriously scenic driving - perhaps follow one of our self-drive itineraries
• Wilsons Promontory has abundant native wildlife and more than 80km of hiking trails meandering from secluded beaches to mountain forests - be sure to stop at Whiskey Bay, the subject of many artists' paintings.
Australia Tailor Made
Don’t forget that with Kuoni you can create your own dream Australia holiday by customising your trip, choosing different combinations of nights, hotels and resorts.