GMT +2 hours
See the awesome Victoria Falls
A legendary land traversed by the mighty Zambezi, Zambia features breathtaking lakes, mighty wetlands and incredible wildlife. Explore Luangwa National Park and Lower Zambezi and don’t miss one of the wonders of the natural world, Victoria Falls, where you can marvel at huge clouds of spray rising up into the air as six waterfalls plummet to the chasm below.
- The amazing Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, where you can enjoy game drives and nature hikes
- The epic Victoria Falls, also known as ‘the smoke that thunders’
- Take a cruise down the mighty Zambezi River aboard the beautiful Zambezi Queen
- Helicopter flights out over the park and the falls offer outstanding views and a whole new perspective on the falls.
Best time to visit Zambia
• June to September is the best time to travel. Early mornings and late evenings can be cool.
• April, May and September can be very hot.
• The rainy season is November to March.
Zambia holiday highlights
Zambia Holiday Highlights
• Visit Victoria Falls, known locally as Mosi-oa-Tunya or the ‘Smoke that Thunders’. At the height of the wet season more than 564 million cubic metres of water cascade over the edge into a gorge over 100 metres below.
• Enjoy plenty of photo opportunities – you may capture herds of migrating zebra, elephants or big cats on film depending on the time of year.
Zambia - The Essentials
• If visiting local villages, a long skirt or trousers and longer sleeves are recommended.
• During game viewing wear neutral colours and bring layers for the cooler mornings; binoculars are a must.